Contribute
Register

bluetooth working in lion 10 7 3 {extreme :-}

Status
Not open for further replies.
nikstar said:
Strange thing are happening at my 4530. I barely shutting it down cause I usually put it to sleep and the last 2-3 times I wake it from sleep the BT (USB Dongle) works!

So I checked the System profiler and the internal BT is not been seen from the Lion!
Weird :eek:
Hi, can you check please ,do you still have in bios option :"Embedded Bluetooth Device",
" Disable, Enable"? Mine just disappeared and BT is always Disabled.

It is always disabled.
It was temporarily after reboot it return to "normal".
Dam, the good things are not last :thumbdown:

For those interested disabling their their bluetooth, instead of removing the chip (dangerous cause you can short-circuit something without knowing) you can tape the two pins that have the USB signal. Use some sellotape to cover the two pins I highlighted on the following image. Take care, it is not on the side you see when you open your lappy, but on the opposite.
wirelesscardminipciehal.png

Somebody asked for the mini pci-e pinout too so I attach it.

pinout.jpg

The pins you have to insulate are pins 36 & 38 (or one of them). Add some sellotape on those pins and it will be like you removed your BT chip.

You can also add another device on this bus (serious modding). Whitelist won't be a problem as it is only addressed on mini pci-e ports not USB.
I am soon going to find out if the unsoldered port supplied for wwan can be enabled and use its USB pins (if working) y to add a mini pci-e (USB) Bluetooth device there. (there are many on eBay ~ 8-10$).

timohour said:

excellent, thx.
This is what I was looking for.

xequtor said:
timohour said:

excellent, thx.

Well it doesn't have every pin info but it has the USB info. If you need something with more info i can make one for you.

timohour said:
xequtor said:
timohour said:

excellent, thx.

Well it doesn't have every pin info but it has the USB info. If you need something with more info i can make one for you.

yes I can need more info, thx.
The DATA and power pins where I can connect the 3.3V Apple BT modul

pin 52 & 2 are 3.3V power

pin 50 & 4 are GND (=Ground)

pin 38 is USB D+ and USB 36 is USB D-

That's enough if you are going to connect a USB based module with 3.3V power input. For USB based BT modules with 5V power input your going to need a 3.3V-->5V regulator or find a 5V somewhere on your system board and use GND from the mini pci-e.

Good luck. :D

i stuck two 1n4001 diodes in line to drop 5 volt down to 3.3

jovius said:
i stuck two 1n4001 diodes in line to drop 5 volt down to 3.3
This is ok if you want to get 3.3v from 5v source. Not the opposite.

timohour said:
For USB based BT modules with 5V power input your going to need a 3.3V-->5V regulator

This will not work. 5V voltage regulators can output a clean and steady 5v power, from voltage more than 5v. They cannot increase the output.
He must find as you said some other source for the 5v.

timohour said:
pin 52 & 2 are 3.3V power

pin 50 & 4 are GND (=Ground)

pin 38 is USB D+ and USB 36 is USB D-

That's enough if you are going to connect a USB based module with 3.3V power input. For USB based BT modules with 5V power input your going to need a 3.3V-->5V regulator or find a 5V somewhere on your system board and use GND from the mini pci-e.

Good luck. :D
Thx for the info
I'll use the 3.3V Apple BT from a MacBook Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back