Graphics
Cd3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
been trying to get my bluetooth module out of a macbook pro working with my 4530s but the only way it would work after sleep was to take out the mini pci wifi/ card, i've been thinking for a while why dont i just take the bluetooth chip off the card and today I did , didn't do a very neat job of it at all only had a big soldering iron and a three year old to help so in the end i just cut it off with a little circular saw ,, but hay it works or doesn't depending on which way you look at it, my probook now has bluetooth after sleep, doesn't wake with the magic mouse like my desktop did but it's stays connected , I mite get another wifi/bluetooth card and take the chip off properly. next just need to hide the macbook bluetooth module inside and she'll be good to go :)

oh and the wifi still works as befor

Attachments

• tooth.png
    tooth.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 707
  • no tooth.png
    no tooth.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 868
wow, brave

blueking
maybe this helps in figuring out the BT problem with the kext?

No, the problem is just how the firmware is loaded. Nothing we can do about it.

jovius said:
been trying to get my bluetooth module out of a macbook pro working with my 4530s but the only way it would work after sleep was to take out the mini pci wifi/ card, i've been thinking for a while why dont i just take the bluetooth chip off the card and today I did , didn't do a very neat job of it at all only had a big soldering iron and a three year old to help so in the end i just cut it off with a little circular saw ,, but hay it works or doesn't depending on which way you look at it, my probook now has bluetooth after sleep, doesn't wake with the magic mouse like my desktop did but it's stays connected , I mite get another wifi/bluetooth card and take the chip off properly. next just need to hide the macbook bluetooth module inside and she'll be good to go :)

oh and the wifi still works as befor

I don't understand what you did here, removed a wifi/bt from macbook pro and removed bt chip from it and it works in probook? and bt works? can you explain what you did?

Because internal BT is not working very well at our laptops and the use of an external USB BT dongle was somehow conflicted with the internal and cause it to break after sleep this solution (by removing, de-soldering, the BT chip from the combo mini PCI card of his Machine) makes the USB BT Dongle to work perfect.

a much, much easier and safer way, would be to not install the blueking bluetooth driver and just use a usb bluetooth dongle. No way you can damage anything, and it works the same way. The laptop basically just doesnt know about the internal bluetooth.

Songokussm said:
a much, much easier and safer way, would be to not install the blueking bluetooth driver and just use a usb bluetooth dongle. No way you can damage anything, and it works the same way. The laptop basically just doesnt know about the internal bluetooth.

does it work? did you tested this method?

nikstar said:
Because internal BT is not working very well at our laptops and the use of an external USB BT dongle was somehow conflicted with the internal and cause it to break after sleep this solution (by removing, de-soldering, the BT chip from the combo mini PCI card of his Machine) makes the USB BT Dongle to work perfect.

ahh! ok, now I understand why you did it.

evan if i didnt install bk's bluetooth pak and disabled the onboard bluetooth in the bios it still conflickted with the macbook pro's bluetooth module/dongle, now i can wake from sleep with no disturbance to bluetooth

Songokussm said:

No, actually you are wrong. There is no way to prevent OSX from "seeing" the internal BT. Even if you disable it at bios, OSX see it.
The only way is to remove it, but the BT is together with the Wifi, so this is a solution (quite extreme). I would prefer one that can be reversed, like cutting only a line at that board or something similar, so you can solder it back in case you will need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back