CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been spending some time rebuilding my system after some Windows malware wiped my drives.....

that said, no hardware changes. I'm using the same SSDT-UiAC.aml file I built prior the rebuild. As well as the same clover config.

strangely, my USB3 ports stoped working. I removed -uia_ignore_rmcf from config.plist and the USB3 world work.
Unfortunately the bluetooth adapter stopped working (the wifi works). I have an OSXWIFI Card ie apple Broadcom

I'm trying to understand if there's a simple relationship here....or should I look at breaking out the instructions and rebuilding my SSDT-UAIC file again. (it wasn't an easy build)

thanks for any help.

PS...everything working in windows......

As for moving, there's 2 internal connections on the MB, one is used for BT the other for CPU cooler. Since I have those ports working, there's no reason to exchange them. I'm pretty sure its something simple I'm overlooking that's preventing the USB3 from working.

Attachments

• debug_16943.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
Also see below from vendor's website. It has two usb controllers, Intel and ASMedia. The port limit applies to intel.

So you can use all of the back panel usb ports by intel 4 usb3 + 2 usb2 = 12 entries for ssdt. Since you already using the two usb2 header, that gives you 4 more entries into the ssdt, with a total of 16 entries for ssdt.

I would disable one of the usb2 back panel so that you can use the two internal usb2 headers.

Chipset+ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 Controller:

1. 1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
  2. 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
Chipset:

1. 1 x USB Type-C™ port with USB 3.1 Gen 1 support, available through the internal USB header
  2. 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
  3. 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
You're my hero today. I thought there was something in the config.plist that allowed more than 15 devices. I think I may have had injectUSBAll installed and didn't realize it. When I rebuild everything, it wasn't there so I got the over 15 problem.

that said, I went back and removed USB ports from the back that I won't use. so far so good, BT and USB3 ports are working. Sooner or later I'll test the USB3.1 port.

again, thanks.

I think I spoke too soon. I had USBInjectALL installed. When I removed it, USB3 stopped working.
The oddity is it didn't work with the old SSDT.......

Thanks, I completely misunderstood the use for USBInjectAll. I thought it was used only for testing the USB ports to find what should go in the ADSL file.
Put the file in L/E and I'm running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back