Contribute
Register

Bluetooth vs Magic Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be the dongle itself. I taped the pins on my wifi/BT card and used an IOGear GBU521 dongle (natively supported) and it worked great both with a magic trackpad and Razer Orochi, even after sleep. The Atheros bluetooth was doing the same thing yours does, slow, choppy, disconnects, unreliable, crappy signal, etc, but once I taped the pins and used the GBU521, everything worked 100%.

I've since ditched bluetooth and just went with a logitech unifying receiver setup (RF wireless) using an Anywhere MX and K750 for Mac. Couldn't find a bluetooth keyboard I liked, and the trackpad was overpriced for what you get once the novelty wears off (imo).

Thanks! I had a hard time finding a bluetooth receiver that was confirmed working natively. I'll get the one you mentioned and get it all over with.

So for quick reference for anyone trying do get decent Bluetooth working: tape the Bluetooth pins of your original wifi/bluetooth card and buy the IOGear GBU521 dongle (natively supported).

It seems I had to test a bit more before jumping to the conclusion it worked. Because it doesn't. This afternoon after the taping it worked great. But I just got home from work, booted the laptop and it works awful.

The same problems occur except the random disconnects, so only the constant differences in mouse speed. How can I possibly fix this?

the best think (for me) is get a original BT module from a Mac and attach to the WiFi card and disable the original BT by taping the pins. I use a Apple Touchpad works gr8 all the time. Here my post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/43187-bluetooth-working-lion-10-7-3-extreme-4.html

also Apple BT Keyboard works in BIOS and ESC to enter bios just like USB Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back