Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I bought a seperate Bluetooth dongle (Sweex BT214) since I noticed the internal bluetooth works very poorly in combination with my Magic Mouse.

Sometimes I notice my Magic Mouse works perfect (really, everything works as it should be), I assume it's connected through my Bluetooth dongle. But most of the time the mouse works really bad (fluxuations in speed of mouse, random disconnects etc.), I assume it's connected through the internal Bluetooth.

So I installed this kext (IOath3kNull.zip) as recommended in another thread, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to disable the internal Bluetooth since the mouse still acts poorly.

How can I disable the internal Bluetooth device and force it to use the Bluetooth dongle? I noticed an legacy post about taping. Is it necessary after installing IOath3kNull.kext?
Also, is there a way I can check which Bluetooth device the Magic Mouse is using?

I know how to do it for less than $10.
Buy a wifi only card, e.g. # 504664-001 (BCM94322HM8L).

I know how to do it for less than $10.
Buy a wifi only card, e.g. # 504664-001 (BCM94322HM8L).

So you're saying that disabling the internal Bluetooth device would force OSX to use the bluetooth dongle and it would solve the problem? Because then I rather save the $10 and tape the bluetooth pins.

So you're saying that disabling the internal Bluetooth device would force OSX to use the bluetooth dongle and it would solve the problem? Because then I rather save the $10 and tape the bluetooth pins.

Tape the pins == good idea.

Tape the pins == good idea.

Alright, i'll do that and give an update when it's done. I thought the kext mentioned earlier would do the same thing.

I taped it and it seems to work wonderfully now!

TG1na.png

Perhaps it's an idea to mention the taping post in your After Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook - Optional thread for those who intend to work with bluetooth actively?

It seems I had to test a bit more before jumping to the conclusion it worked. Because it doesn't. This afternoon after the taping it worked great. But I just got home from work, booted the laptop and it works awful.

The same problems occur except the random disconnects, so only the constant differences in mouse speed. How can I possibly fix this?

Could be the dongle itself. I taped the pins on my wifi/BT card and used an IOGear GBU521 dongle (natively supported) and it worked great both with a magic trackpad and Razer Orochi, even after sleep. The Atheros bluetooth was doing the same thing yours does, slow, choppy, disconnects, unreliable, crappy signal, etc, but once I taped the pins and used the GBU521, everything worked 100%.

I've since ditched bluetooth and just went with a logitech unifying receiver setup (RF wireless) using an Anywhere MX and K750 for Mac. Couldn't find a bluetooth keyboard I liked, and the trackpad was overpriced for what you get once the novelty wears off (imo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back