Graphics
HD620
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings!

Having issues with my BCM94352HMB. The bluetooth kexts are not injecting and it seems like Bluetooth is not attaching to my USB 2.0 hub. Although, I don't really know why. My bluetooth was working fine on 10.12 until I updated some Clover kext patches for the 94352.

Attached is the usual requested stuff in a ZIP.

Using BrcmFirmwareRepo and BrcmPatchRAM2 with FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi kexts.
Could you also take a look at my Clover config at kext patches to see if theres anything that should not be there?
Also, should I be using a FakeID at Wifi (0x0 currently, but there are some configs that have 0x43a014E4 instead).

Sometimes Wifi will inject and sometimes it will not (still not sure why it works half the time, I usually do a EC reset and restart to fix it).

I doubt there is a problem with the card itself but if there is I will reinstall it and block pins 20 and 51 once again.

Thank you!

Attachments

• mpckid.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 66
Greetings!

Having issues with my BCM94352HMB. The bluetooth kexts are not injecting and it seems like Bluetooth is not attaching to my USB 2.0 hub. Although, I don't really know why. My bluetooth was working fine on 10.12 until I updated some Clover kext patches for the 94352.

Attached is the usual requested stuff in a ZIP.

Using BrcmFirmwareRepo and BrcmPatchRAM2 with FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi kexts.
Could you also take a look at my Clover config at kext patches to see if theres anything that should not be there?
Also, should I be using a FakeID at Wifi (0x0 currently, but there are some configs that have 0x43a014E4 instead).

Sometimes Wifi will inject and sometimes it will not (still not sure why it works half the time, I usually do a EC reset and restart to fix it).

I doubt there is a problem with the card itself but if there is I will reinstall it and block pins 20 and 51 once again.

Thank you!

You should be using FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.

See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Thanks @RehabMan.
I installed the kext, although nothing seemed to happen. I think it's an issue with my card perhaps the pin 51 came undone or something. I've never seen it the B0270102 or whatever not attach to USB before. When I updated to Sierra it was running just fine until I messed around and tried to update my BrcmFirmwareRepo / BrcmPatchRAM2 to the latest versions. After that it went downhill. I'll try booting Win10 and see if it attaches on there or not. If you have any other suggestions, let me know. I will report back my findings through a post edit.

Double checked the seating on the card, took it out, put it back in, made sure pin #20 and #51 were taped.
Booted back into OSX and it bluetooth worked again! Looks like it was a hardware/seating issue.

The only problem I have now is sometimes Wifi will work and sometimes it won't (ex. no hardware installed).
Although, Bluetooth will work 100% of the time (except in this case because it wasn't seated properly or whatever).

I have to put the laptop to "Sleep", wait for it to sleep, wake it up with my keyboard, log back in and restart the Mac.
About 95% of the time, upon restart, Wifi will start working again and my orange Wifi LED light will go off during boot.

Any ideas why this occurs? It seems to be the only way to get the Wifi to work/inject/attach is going to sleep and waking up and restarting (to reload the wifi kexts). I wonder why...

Double checked the seating on the card, took it out, put it back in, made sure pin #20 and #51 were taped.
Booted back into OSX and it bluetooth worked again! Looks like it was a hardware/seating issue.

The only problem I have now is sometimes Wifi will work and sometimes it won't (ex. no hardware installed).
Although, Bluetooth will work 100% of the time (except in this case because it wasn't seated properly or whatever).

I have to put the laptop to "Sleep", wait for it to sleep, wake it up with my keyboard, log back in and restart the Mac.
About 95% of the time, upon restart, Wifi will start working again and my orange Wifi LED light will go off during boot.

Any ideas why this occurs? It seems to be the only way to get the Wifi to work/inject/attach is going to sleep and waking up and restarting (to reload the wifi kexts). I wonder why...

Did you forget to disable "Wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver?

Probably ACPI is not patched correctly.
I'll re-do a clean DSDT and reapply all patches and report back the findings.
Thank you!

Probably ACPI is not patched correctly.
Right on @RehabMan! I repatched my DSDT with only the necessary patches needed for my laptop.
I'm having the same issue as previously mentioned. Only way to fix is putting to sleep, wait to sleep, wake from sleep, and restart... Is there anyway to debug this? Also is there a way to log a verbose boot (-v)?

Last edited:
Right on @RehabMan! I repatched my DSDT with only the necessary patches needed for my laptop.
I'm having the same issue as previously mentioned. Only way to fix is putting to sleep, wait to sleep, wake from sleep, and restart... Is there anyway to debug this? Also is there a way to log a verbose boot (-v)?

Without typical "Problem Reporting" data, no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back