Contribute
Register

Bluetooth USB Adapter with HID proxy mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so you actually CAN give some time to your BIOS before jumping into bot stage ;)
Ok, nice try :thumbup:
Too bad it didn't change a thing... :thumbdown:
When you say: "So after everything is detected on the initial start-up of the computer, and it shows that I can select the F2 key to enter the bios", did you hit a key during the initial start-up of the computer? (so when the BIOS is detecting Memory, CPU, etc...)
If so, what happened? Did you have some impression that your BT Keyboard was trying to establish a connection with your BT receiver? (Have you the ability to see that kind of thing? Blinking light or something on your KB?)

Just to be clear, here is my boot process:
1. Graphics card BIOS init
2. Motherboard BIOS init (CPU detection / RAM detection / etc...) -> That's when I hit a key to establish connection between KB and BT receiver
3. SATA controllers BIOS init (2 in my case, first Intel, then Marvell)
4. Post -> That's when I can hit the 'Del' or 'F11' or 'F2' key (to do what I wanna do, so enter BIOS, make boot popup appear, etc...)

Please see here if you wanna know more about BIOS init -> http://duartes.org/gustavo/blog/post/how-computers-boot-up

As for the Belkin F8T016CW, still did not try to do what I advised you to do:
0. Unpair Keyboard & all other devices, and delete BT devices
1. Unplug BT receiver / Replug BT receiver
2. Install Keyboard drivers
3. Try to add Keyboard (thus in HCI Mode), and other HCI devices (in my case, Magic Mouse for instance)
4. If successful, try to reboot...
5. Try HID Proxy Mode

Please also note that with a HID Proxy Mode compliant BT receiver, I also CANNOT ACTIVATE HID Proxy Mode when exiting Windows and rebooting...
So, I'm not sure that changing your BT receiver would be a good idea... at least as long I have not been myself able to use HID Proxy Mode after exiting Windows and rebooting...

I can see that you had the same adapter that I bought. I'm still waiting for it and it is going to replace the f8t016ng which works in the bios. The f8t016ng is super reliable and after having bad experiences with the recommended gmyle or whatever is called I bought the f8t065bf so I can upgrade to bt 4.0 to be ready for yosemite. I wonder if you can answer a couple of questions?

Have you tried the 065fb with the hid trick?

How reliable of a connection did you get with it?

Did you only change because of the bios access?

I'm going from bt 2.1 to bt 4.0 but you went the other way around? Unless I'm mistaken and it's bt 4.0 also?

I only bought the adapter as I never had such a reliable adapter as the 016ng. It's just perfect when it comes to connecting and maintaining the connection. The hid proxy thing is just a nice perk and I plan on keeping it for when i need to do it and don't have a usb keyboard around. If you can answer these questions I would really appreciate it.

Hi. I have successfully installed a apple genuine bluetooth module a1181 on my hackintosh. Now I have a problem: my system is a triple boot with mac, windows and linux. if I reboot system from mac i'm able to use HID proxy mode of the bluetooth module. So I can access to bios and use my apple bluetooth keyboard to choose the OS that I want to boot. I can't do this if I reboot system from windows or linux. Also if I shutdown pc from windows or linux, at boot I can't use HID proxy mode, but I can if I had shutdown pc from mac. What can I to to resolve this problem? Any ideas?

Hi,

also interested in these things and want to share my experience...
I bought a Laird BT820 - and yes it is in HCI mode if it arrives. Plug in and everything works perfect with my Apple BT keyboard and trackpad. But the thing is using it at boot time (BIOS and bootloader). So search around the www for infos...

Find following things you need:
- a running windows system to change to HID mode
- BlueSuite from CSR (found 2.5 for download somewhere - don't ask for share it)
- some files and descriptions from Laird to merge in PSTools (asked LairdTech support and they send me an link to download the files at Dropbox - don't ask me for share it - they may help you if you ask)

With these things it was no problem to switch to HID mode -> be careful do not just edit bootmode with PSTools as said in some forums -> it will kill the stick and it can not be recognized anymore by mac nor windows !!! Laird gave you detailed infos on how to proceed !
After that the BT820 will boot always in HID mode.

But then there was the next problem: Mac OS (10.11.3) was not able to switch the stick from HID to HCI -> so I loose connection to my BT keyboard and trackpad...
again searched around the www - modified kexts but stick still only found in usb as CSR8510a10 and not as bluetooth.

Then found on "github" a project "osx-hid2hci-for-bluetooth-csr8510-A10" - you can download the source and build with Xcode. Small program - works perfect ! If you start it mode switch from HID to HCI and bluetooth is working again - you can make an StartupItem to load it at boottime so you BT keyboard / trackpad / mouse will work at login.

Only thing now for me: it is not working to access BIOS nor clover despite the fact the stick boot up in HID mode...
Again searched around and I think the problem is: BT820 connect in HID mode only to BLE hardware -> and my keyboard is an older one - thinking about buying or first loan a new one which supports LE to test it. Perhaps someone out there has experience with it?

cheers ol2003

Hi. Very interesting post!

I have a question

Will it work with a K810 Keyboard on a W10 system? (Enter to bios with Belkin HID dongle)

Thanks

Last edited:
The F8T016cw seems to be out of stock everywhere, I am not able to get it. Unfortunately the BT820 doesn't work for me too in HID Proxy mode as it seems not to work with older BT devices. I'd like to stick with my old wireless BT keyboard (+numblock), any solutions for 2017 yet?

Found this one:
http://www.ebay.at/itm/Belkin-Mini-...fhoerer-iPhone-Laptop-/252719308099?#shpCntId

But I'm having a problem with my current adapters. Whenever I wake up my machine, it takes seconds up to minutes to reconnect my keyboard to the computer (tried a different Belkin and the BT820, same result with both). Once it works, it works fine, but those times are not acceptable.
What about you guys? How fast do your devices reconnect?

Any updates for 2018?
I've just bought Logitech K810 keyboard and then realized that I cannot use it outside of OS (BIOS/UEFI/GRUB).
As an active user of Arch Linux I don't like this limitation.

I don't see any Bluetooth USB HID Proxy dongles available for buying.
The only one is https://www.lairdtech.com/products/bt820, but as I understand HID proxy works on it only with 4.0 BLE, and Logitech K810 is not the case.

Is there any way for me to set this up so I can use it outside of OS?

PS: I really like K810, but it doesn't have this Logitech dongle :(.

@Kos87, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back