Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Bluetooth stopped working after updating to 10.15.1 (BCM943602CS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And on Catalina I have:
Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 7.16.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 7.18.18 AM.png

this guide can fix your problem;

Thank you for your suggestion, i already checked this topic on InsanelyMac, tried some of the fixes, but it didn't work. But i haven't tried them all, and i haven't read everything thoroughly. I'll look into it more closely. I still wonder why should i try such hacks, when my BCM943602CS worked and should work out of the box, without any kexts or hacks.

For me the firmware version stayed the same. I had the exact same symptoms and mine it working with AirportBrclFixup. Easy enough to install it and see if it gets your Bluetooth going again.

Attachments

• AirportBrcmFixup.kext.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 211
I am sorry you do not believe my diagnosis.

Please note that 10.15.1 does not break this Broadcom chipset.

Consider re-checking your choice of UsbConnector value for your header/port type.

There is nothing wrong with using USB2 ports on the EHC controller, as you are doing, and the port/cable you used previously should still work. There are four internal Intel USB2 ports available on your motherboard.

Because bluetooth is not working, check which kexts you have in L/E.
Try removing your SSDT and instead using a port-limit removal patch to test again.

It is always possible that your hardware has become faulty, but if not, then it is just a USB configuration issue (though I understand you disagree).

Yesterday i redone my SSDT, thus i had to remove SSDT used before and use port-limit removal patch. Bluetooth wasn't working, during testing the ports (with patch), and after redoing my SSDT. After redoing SSDT, it turned out exactly the same it was. Just my USB3 ports changed from SSP1, to SS01, from SSP2 to SS02 and so on. But it worked under either prefix.

For me the firmware version stayed the same. I had the exact same symptoms and mine it working with AirportBrclFixup. Easy enough to install it and see if it gets your Bluetooth going again.
I tried that before and tried it now. Didn't change anything. Thank you for your good intentions. Do you have an exact BCM943602CS card? If so, could you tell which version it shows Under USB (as in screenshot below)?

Screenshot 2019-11-10 at 14.47.45.png

Thank you for your suggestion, i already checked this topic on InsanelyMac, tried some of the fixes, but it didn't work. But i haven't tried them all, and i haven't read everything thoroughly. I'll look into it more closely. I still wonder why should i try such hacks, when my BCM943602CS worked and should work out of the box, without any kexts or hacks.

as headkaze said -BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext was not required on previous macOS releases but is on Catalina because of the following missing IOCatalogue methods...

the dw 1560 also natively support but need that some patch for 5ghz until Catalina. Now, dw 1560 has problem with 10.15.1

Just follow the headkaze guide.

According to this post correct Product ID for BCM943602CS should be 8290, mine has f007, which is mentioned there as a bad one. So i don't know if my Product ID always was f007, but bluetooth worked until update to 10.15.1, or my Product ID was wrongly identified as f007 and because of that it stopped working after update to 10.15.1.

Last edited:
as headkaze said -BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext was not required on previous macOS releases but is on Catalina because of the following missing IOCatalogue methods...

the dw 1560 also natively support but need that some patch for 5ghz until Catalina. Now, dw 1560 has problem with 10.15.1

Just follow the headkaze guide.

I already tried BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext in L/E, but it didn't work. But in the link you provided, there's more info than just placing kexts into L/E, so i'll look more closely into it. Thank you.

EDIT: One thing that bothers me in that link you provided, it's written as headkaze already had BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext in L/E until 10.15.1, and only after 10.15.1 he had to make modifications and add BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext to L/E. I never had to use any BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext at any point in the first place. BCM943602CS worked out of the box from the 10.14.0 until 10.15.0.

Last edited:
Just checked boot logs on Hackintool and found this:
2019-11-10 16:28:48.719325+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (IOBluetoothFamily) <IOBluetoothFamily`IOBluetoothHCIController::SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler()> **** [IOBluetoothFamily][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- 'Broadcom USB Host Controller' does not exist in IORegistry causing this missing Blutooth Controller Transport problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back