Contribute
Register

Bluetooth not working with different recommended BT-Modules (according to the Buyer's Guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've bought three different BT-Modules, but I don't get them to work... properly.
Let me explain it to you. (Symptoms and description of both USB-Nano Adapters, first entry and last entry, are the same.)

The USB-Nano Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter by CSL
The first one I tested was a BT-4.0-Modul I've had left:
Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00C68IQ3C/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

I've connected it to USB, and the Bluetooth-Symbol shows immediately.
I've scanned for Devices and tried to connect my Phone. It asks for a code to accept to connect the Device.
After that, the Hackintosh lists the other BT-Device as "known device" (In the list above other devices with a little separator below them). Also, it shows "connected".. but only for a view seconds until it shows "not connected" again. That happens with all devices I tried, no matter if it's an iPhone, a Logitech Mouse or anything else. It connects for a view seconds, then disconnects again, but it lists all once-connected devices as known.
Also, the other devices are just continuing to try to connect to the Hackintosh. For Example my iPhone SE. Even after Mac OS gave up, it still tries to connect to it for quite a time. Same with my Bluetooth Mouse. Both are working just fine on both, my Macbook AND the very same Machine the Hackintosh runs on, but in Windows. So it's definitively no faulty hardware.

The "BCM94360CD" Hackintosh-Module by Apple and ABWB (Broadcom Chipsets) recommended by the Buyer's Guide

Nevertheless, I tried another BT-Module. This time I tried the "Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD"-Module from the Buyer's Guide:
Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

W-LAN with this Module worked immediately, but no Bluetooth at all. The Module of this Card is listed nowhere; it seems like the Hackintosh doesn't even know this card has a BT-Module on it, no matter if I connect the USB-Cabel to the PCI-Card and the Mainboard-USB-Connector. Only thing changing is the second green LED on the card itself that turns on if I connect it via USB and off as soon as I disconnect it from the USB-Connector.

The USB-Nano Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter with Broadcom BCM20702 Chip Class 2 by GMYLE recommended by the Buyer's Guide
So I did a last try with this Module also from the Buyer's Guide:
Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B007MKMJGO/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

But with this BT-Module, I have the very same issue as with the first one.
Mac OS recognizes the BT-Module immediately, I can search for devices, I can try to connect, It'll show the device as connected for a view seconds, but then it disconnects and lists the device as a known but disconnected device. Meanwhile, on the other side, the devices I tried to connect (iPhone or Mouse) are still trying to connect. Also, same thing here, all BT-Devices I tried worked just fine on my Macbook or with the very same PC-System in Windows.

Handoff-Support
All Wifi and BT-Modules are Handoff-ready. The "Handoff"-Symbol even shows in the Dock with Wifi and BT both active, but it does not work. The Symbol in the Dock is showing up, but when I click on it, it opens Safari (for example), but then nothing happens. I think it's also because of the Bluetooth issue. I think for the "Handoff"-Feature it shows all relevant information on the Mac, but as soon as I click on it, it tries to connect via Bluetooth to get all information from the iPhone, but it can't connect, so it'll run into an timeout... That's what I think at least.

Can someone please help me?

Last edited:
I've tested it with Windows now.
Both Modules, Wifi and Bluetooth, are listed in the unknown device section of the device manager.
As soon as I disconnect the USB-Connector from the Mainboard, the Bluetooth unknown device disappears.
So, the Adapter seems to work just fine, but Apple ignores the Bluetooth Module completely as if it's not connected.
How is this possible?

Okay, I've some new information on this topic, using the "USB-Nano Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter with Broadcom BCM20702 Chip Class 2 by GMYLE" recommended by the Buyer's Guide.

So, with this Nano-Receiver Bluetooth seems to work as soon as I plug it in, but I couldn't connect to a single Bluetooth Device.
I was able to search and find devices. I also was able to pair the devices. After the device was paired to the Nano Receiver, it will be listed as connected for a very short moment, then the connection will break immediately, and I could try to connect the device again.

This is happening every time I'm trying to connect to a Bluetooth-Device.

But then I bought the new Apple Bluetooth Keyboard with Numpad and the new flat keys.

Turned out this Keyboard is working fine, instantly and it stays connected even after rebooting the OS.
The other devices I tried was an iPhone SE and a Logitech Anywhere MX2. Both should be fully compatible with Mac OS just like the Keyboard.

I have no clue how this is possible... Can someone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back