CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
WX 4100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Bought a used BCM94360CS apple WiFI and Bluetooth card and it's corresponding adapter for my hackintosh. WiFi is working fine but Mac is showing Bluetooth no found.

NOTE: I have connected the PCIe card to my USB2.0 header on my motherboard. Verified the USB2.0 header is working by connecting it to my case USB2.0 port.

Debugging I've done so far
1. Tested the PCIe card on X1 and X16 slots on my motherboard
2. Checked devices on Mac, Bluetooth doesn't show up at all
3. Booted into windows and installed BoardcomBluetooth64.exe but still don't see the bluetooth module in Device Manager. Wifi working fine.

Please help to debug this problem.

does ioreg log show internal usb 2.0 header is detected ?
1. post the ioreg log
2. Your hardware connection picture
3. Just incase check the antennas are connected properly

Thanks @jhenu for taking a look. Attached the IOReg file and antennas are connected.
Don't know how to generate the hardware connection picture but here is the motherboard manual: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/VANGUARD_B85/E10276_HDMI_insert_for_web_only.pdf and I tried on both the internal USB2.0 headers.

Attachments

• Abhijeet’s iMac.ioreg
    24.7 MB · Views: 173
Replaced the BCM94360CS with BCM943602CS and now I can see the Bluetooth but the range is obnoxiously limited. I've connected all the antennas to the j0,j1,j2 ports on the card. Verified it only works if I keep my bluetooth device next the card.

From threads, I assumed htat using an Apple WiFi card will magically work out of the box. Now, my Hackintosh wakes up just after sleeping :banghead:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back