Contribute
Register

Bluetooth not working on Big Sur using BCM94360CD card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your USBPorts.kext and the motherboard layout/rear plate image do not tally.
  1. The image shows HS10 as a physical USB2 port (0), the kext has it as an internal (255) port.
  2. The image shows HS11 as an internal USB2 port (255), the kext has it as an external/physical USB2 port (0).
  3. You are only utilising 14/15 ports. You can add one more port to your setup.
    • This can be the other Physical USB2 port (HS09) or one of the ports from the USB3.2 header on the motherboard, which I assume connects to a USB3 case port.
    • Screenshot 2021-12-27 at 16.56.42.png USB3.2 header on motherboard

Your USBPorts.kext and the motherboard layout/rear plate image do not tally.
  1. The image shows HS10 as a physical USB2 port (0), the kext has it as an internal (255) port.
  2. The image shows HS11 as an internal USB2 port (255), the kext has it as an external/physical USB2 port (0).
  3. You are only utilising 14/15 ports. You can add one more port to your setup.
    • This can be the other Physical USB2 port (HS09) or one of the ports from the USB3.2 header on the motherboard, which I assume connects to a USB3 case port.
    • View attachment 537967 USB3.2 header on motherboard
HS11 is my Bluetooth port。
What I want to ask is that Bluetooth doesn't work. I've reinstalled bigsur. It works normally and can remain connected, but it seems that the onboard function doesn't work

HS11 should be set as Internal (255) if it is the motherboard USB2 header port. That might be one of the causes of your Bluetooth not working.

Actually it is probably the reason the BT is showing, but not working correctly.

Last edited:
HS11 should be set as Internal (255) if it is the motherboard USB2 header port. That might be one of the causes of your Bluetooth not working.

Actually it is probably the reason the BT is showing, but not working correctly.

oh, Everything worked normally in bigsur on 11.6, but I upgraded 12.1. The situation is still the same in Monterey. But I found that my airpods can connect and work, and my mobile phone and iPad can't connect
Thank you for your help anyway

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue...but with wifi not working (bluetooth is). I added AirportBrcmFixup to my kext folder, and plist. I changed the value of MaxKernel to 19.9.9 for AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext and restarted. When that didn't work, I deleted the entry all together as shown here (does the order of kexts matter? I also noticed my AetherosE2200 NIC doesn't load, but my IntelMausi does), but that didn't work either.
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 1.48.26 PM.png

1.png

2.png

Also, @Edhawk I spent the better part of a day trying to map my own USB ports using your screenshots and SSDT as a guide, and spent so much time trying to fix my broken restarts...until I finally had the bright idea of just copying and pasting your USBPorts kext into my EFi instead of trying to make my own. Of course it works now without flaw
:lol:

Thanks so much for your help on that one!

Last edited:
@mywhitenoise First your Hackintool > USB window shows you are looking to activate 16 ports. Should HS11 be present?

Can you post a copy of your OpenCore EFI folder so I can see what else you are using. Remember to delete/redact your serial number from the config.plist before you post a copy here.

@mywhitenoise Below I have attached a copy of my /OC/ACPI and /OC/Kexts folders, these SSDT's and kexts are working in macOS Big Sur with my iMac1 system. They should work with your (nearly identical) Haswell system.

See if using these kexts helps with your Ethernet and WiFi devices.

Attachments

• Kexts.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 32
  • ACPI.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 39
Good catch on the 16th port...I'm not sure how that made it in there. Here's my EFI, thanks @Edhawk

Attachments

• mwn EFI.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 33
HS11 isn't present in your USBPorts.kext. Only 15 ports are activated in the USBPorts.kext. So just an additional port shown in Hackintool, for some unknown reason.

I couldn't open your OpenCore config.plist with ProperTree. Kept getting this error about incorrect padding.

Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 22.39.25.png

I can open it in Xcode but I would assume there is something wrong if the plist doesn't open in ProperTree.

You are using OC 0.7.7, yes?

Looking at your config.plist I would comment as follows:

You are not using any ACPI rename patches. The two that are present in your config are placeholders, and set to false. While these are deemed to be unnecessary I use thirteen (13) patches in my setup. Which just makes my system appear more inline with a real Mac's setup.

You have agdpmod=pikera present in the NVRAM > Add> boot arguments.
This boot arg is not required for an RX580 dGPU. RX5000 and RX6000 series cards require this boot argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back