Contribute
Register

Bluetooth not working on Big Sur using BCM94360CD card

Status
Not open for further replies.
AirportBrcmFixup.kext can be helpful, especially for fixing which driver is to be used in pre-Catalina versions of macOS, and for setting/fixing the Country Code.

It is clear the Bluetooth module shown in the screenshots above lacks a mac address. The System Information > Bluetooth report shows the mac address as all zero's.

Here is a screenshot of your motherboard layout. At the bottom of the board, centre below the head of the lowest M.2A slot lies two USB2 header ports highlighted in magenta rectangle. Which do you have the Bluetooth cable connected to?

Screenshot 2021-07-16 at 18.27.07.png

The Red rectangle highlights your CNVI connector and the built-in Intel WiFi/Bluetooth card. Have you removed this card? Have you disabled the CNVI connector in the bios or with a custom SSDT-NO-CNVW.aml? Copy of the SSDT-No-CNVW.aml is attached.

The Broadcom and Intel WiFI/BT cards may be clashing in macOS, if they are both connected to the motherboard. This was quite a common issue when the first Z390 board appeared on the market.

Attachments

• SSDT-NO-CNVW.aml.zip
    823 bytes · Views: 77
AirportBrcmFixup.kext can be helpful, especially for fixing which driver is to be used in pre-Catalina versions of macOS, and for setting/fixing the Country Code.

It is clear the Bluetooth module shown in the screenshots above lacks a mac address. The System Information > Bluetooth report shows the mac address as all zero's.

Here is a screenshot of your motherboard layout. At the bottom of the board, centre below the head of the lowest M.2A slot lies two USB2 header ports highlighted in magenta rectangle. Which do you have the Bluetooth cable connected to?

View attachment 524774

The Red rectangle highlights your CNVI connector and the built-in Intel WiFi/Bluetooth card. Have you removed this card? Have you disabled the CNVI connector in the bios or with a custom SSDT-NO-CNVW.aml? Copy of the SSDT-No-CNVW.aml is attached.

The Broadcom and Intel WiFI/BT cards may be clashing in macOS, if they are both connected to the motherboard. This was quite a common issue when the first Z390 board appeared on the market.
Ed, the broadcomm card is connect to the USB header at the bottom, (magenta). The Intel wifi/bt card is still active, do I need to remove the physical card? I definitely have not disabled the CMVI connector since I didn't even know what that was till just now.

Try adding the SSDT I provided in post #11, see if that disables the CNVI connector. It may remove the clash between the Intel and Broadcom cards/drivers.

You only need to add the SSDT to the /ACPI/patched folder if you are using Clover.

If you are using OpenCore you need to add the SSDT to the /OC/ACPI folder and an entry in the config.plist ACPI section, otherwise the SSDT won't work.

Do you have anything attached to the other/2nd USB2 header, i.e. front mounted USB2 card reader or USB2 case ports?

@Edhawk I am happy to report, that the removal of the built-in wifi card has enabled not just the full functionality of my BT, (handoff, gestures, etc) but somehow all my usb issues are fixed as well. I cant explain it, but I now have a fully functional mac. I could not have done it without you and @UtterDisbelief . Thank you guys so much! In a few days ill take the time to build out a golden build thread

Last edited:
can someone help me with my bluetooth bcm94360csax, wifi working 100% without any kext on Monterey, but bluetooth shown, can't turn on. USBMap done, swapping brcmbluetoothinjector with bluetoolfixup make me halting critical error (freeze) while loading kext. here is my hackintool & system report screenshot.

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.19.54 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.20.15 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.23.09 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.23.26 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.43.20 pm.png

First thing you need to do is to ‘Turn Bluetooth On’ via the System Preferences > Bluetooth pane, i.e. the last screenshot you posted above.

First thing you need to do is to ‘Turn Bluetooth On’ via the System Preferences > Bluetooth pane, i.e. the last screenshot you posted above.
hehehe.. you're funny.. of course i tried that.

i think i've made an improvement here, i re-map with USBmap/corpnewt, (before i did on windows with USBtoolbox), and now bluetoolfixup not make me freeze again, and bluetooth address shown up. but still.... cannot work.

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 12.14.37 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 12.16.34 am.png

Post a screenshot from Hackintool showing your 'new' Usb configuration.

What exactly did you change between your previous USB config and the new config?

Your new USB configuration looks worse than the previous one.

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 12.19.54 pm.png Previous USB config with 3 x USB3 ports

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 2.26.56 am.png New USB config, 1 x Type-C+sw and 10 x USB2 ports active

You have no USB3 (Physical) ports enabled, You do not have the other half of the Type-C port activated. It looks like you have moved the Internal Header port connections and not set these with the correct Connector type. I see you deleted HS05 and HS08 from the config.plist but have not included any USB3 speed ports, SS01, SS02 and SS03 were previously active.

I also don't under stand why the comment against port HS09 says 'Laptop integrated Webcam'. This is a desktop system, as listed in your User Profile, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back