CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I went to pull the trigger on the Fenvi T919 bluetooth/wireless card but saw in a few Amazon reviews that the YOUBO card with BCM94360CD interface was a better option. I went for it considering the interface is still supported natively in macOS.

Upon installing, my wifi works great, but the bluetooth module straight up did not show. I determined that this was an internal USB header issue where I did not map it correctly in my USB mapping fixes. Since the card uses an internal USB connection for bluetooth, it would make sense that the card isn't being detected because of a USB config mistake. I fixed the usb mapping and the bluetooth module actually showed up! Or so I thought.

The system thinks there's a bluetooth module, so when I go to plug in my Magic Keyboard with USB, I get the notification that says "Your keyboard is now wirelessly connected to this Mac." And the keyboard even shows in the bluetooth menu bar dropdown, but greyed out. When I unplug the keyboard, it should have connected to bluetooth but the keyboard was not working. So it basically added a pair through the USB connection, like Magic Keyboards normally do... But that didn't work out here since the module itself isn't even talking to the system.

System Information shows the card has a MAC address with all zeros. In the USB section, it shows as "BRCM20702 Hub."

Attempts to discover other new bluetooth devices like my headphones were to no avail, either. So, where could I go from here? I've seen that some users are having trouble getting certain wifi/bluetooth solutions to work on Big Sur, but haven't seen any solid fixes for it yet.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 6.09.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 6.09.34 PM.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 601
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 6.09.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 6.09.59 PM.png
    150.9 KB · Views: 527
Just realised this is a USB issue.

You need to make sure that the USB cable from the PCIe card is securely plugged in to the PCIe card and a motherboard header port.

You need to ensure that the USB motherboard header port is included in your custom USBPorts.kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml.

If you haven't created a USB port configuration kext or SSDT then you need to read and follow this guide by UtterDisbelief - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

The USB header port needs to be correctly identified in the USB configuration as an internal port (255).

You need to read the information about the changes required for using the BCM94360CD card with Big Sur. The information is at the bottom of the AirportBrcmFixup.kext GitHub page - https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup
Ed could you help me out here. I pulled my Bcm94360cs2 out of my High Sierra hackintosh, and my magic mouse works but only cursor, left click, right click. Scrolling, and gesturing do not. I cannot connect my magic mouse to my pc. Airdrop also does not work, nor airpods. So obviously this is a BT issue. I see your resource that you linked. I think it's the key, but I am a little scared to move forward with clarification.

"In 11 (Big Sur) class AirPortBrcm4360 has been completely removed. Using of injector kext with such class name and matched vendor-id:device-id blocks loading of original airport kext. To address this issue and keep compatibility with older systems injectors for AirPortBrcm4360 and AirPortBrcmNIC were removed from main Info.plist file. Instead, the two new kext injectors are deployed in PlugIns folder: AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext and AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext. You have to block (or remove) AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext in BigSur. In OpenCore you can specify MaxKernel 19.9.9 for AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext. In Clover you can have two different AirportBrcmFixup.kext, but in kext folder with version name 11 AirportBrcmFixup.kext must not contain AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext. You don't need these injectors at all if your vendor-id:device-id is natively supported by AirPortBrcmNIC or AirPortBrcm4360 (your device-id is included into Info.plist in these kexts)."

is my card a 4360? I am assuming this is a yes.
I used opencore to build this Hackintosh, I am unsure of what he means by specifying MaxKernal 19.9.9

I should note, I am not at all opposed to buying a new bluetooth/wifi card this is natively compatible with Big Sur, I just so far am not sure what card that would be

Ed could you help me out here. I pulled my Bcm94360cs2 out of my High Sierra hackintosh, and my magic mouse works but only cursor, left click, right click. Scrolling, and gesturing do not. I cannot connect my magic mouse to my pc. Airdrop also does not work, nor airpods. So obviously this is a BT issue. I see your resource that you linked. I think it's the key, but I am a little scared to move forward with clarification.

"In 11 (Big Sur) class AirPortBrcm4360 has been completely removed. Using of injector kext with such class name and matched vendor-id:device-id blocks loading of original airport kext. To address this issue and keep compatibility with older systems injectors for AirPortBrcm4360 and AirPortBrcmNIC were removed from main Info.plist file. Instead, the two new kext injectors are deployed in PlugIns folder: AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext and AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext. You have to block (or remove) AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext in BigSur. In OpenCore you can specify MaxKernel 19.9.9 for AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext. In Clover you can have two different AirportBrcmFixup.kext, but in kext folder with version name 11 AirportBrcmFixup.kext must not contain AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext. You don't need these injectors at all if your vendor-id:device-id is natively supported by AirPortBrcmNIC or AirPortBrcm4360 (your device-id is included into Info.plist in these kexts)."

is my card a 4360? I am assuming this is a yes.
I used opencore to build this Hackintosh, I am unsure of what he means by specifying MaxKernal 19.9.9

I should note, I am not at all opposed to buying a new bluetooth/wifi card this is natively compatible with Big Sur, I just so far am not sure what card that would be
Ok this is what I have done so far, not sure what I am doing wrong as the bluetooth doesnt work
Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 10.51.12 PM.png

That look correct and is what I use - MaxKernel=19.9.9

For the Bluetooth to work, you need to have the PCIe card connected to one of the USB2 header ports on your motherboard. Using the USB cable that came with the PCIe adapter card.

Have you made sure the USB2 Header port is included in your USB configuration, assuming you have created a custom USB setup for your system.

When you look in Hackintool and navigate to the USB tab does it show the BCM4360 card against any of the usb ports. It should be set against a port that is set with the 'Internal' or 'Reserved' connector type, as shown below:

Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 14.35.18.png Hackintool > USB tab my iMac1 system

Bluetooth module from BCM43602CS WiFi/BT combo card highlighted.

Does the Hackintool> System > Peripherals tab show the Bluetooth module with a network 'BSD' designation and as built-in, as shown below?

Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 14.37.29.png

Does the System Information > Bluetooth report show your Bluetooth is setup correctly, again as shown below:

Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 14.43.03.png System Information > Bluetooth report

Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 14.44.59.png System Information > USB > Bluetooth module

All of the sections shown above should display the same or similar data.

My bet would be on your USB Header port not being connected (correctly) or the USB port not being part of the USB setup. You need to consider that the USB header port will have 2 x USB ports available but due to the size of the connector from the PCIe card, only one of the two ports will be available.

That look correct and is what I use - MaxKernel=19.9.9

For the Bluetooth to work, you need to have the PCIe card connected to one of the USB2 header ports on your motherboard. Using the USB cable that came with the PCIe adapter card.

Have you made sure the USB2 Header port is included in your USB configuration, assuming you have created a custom USB setup for your system.

When you look in Hackintool and navigate to the USB tab does it show the BCM4360 card against any of the usb ports. It should be set against a port that is set with the 'Internal' or 'Reserved' connector type, as shown below:

View attachment 524579 Hackintool > USB tab my iMac1 system

Bluetooth module from BCM43602CS WiFi/BT combo card highlighted.

Does the Hackintool> System > Peripherals tab show the Bluetooth module with a network 'BSD' designation and as built-in, as shown below?

View attachment 524580

Does the System Information > Bluetooth report show your Bluetooth is setup correctly, again as shown below:

View attachment 524582 System Information > Bluetooth report

View attachment 524583 System Information > USB > Bluetooth module

All of the sections shown above should display the same or similar data.

My bet would be on your USB Header port not being connected (correctly) or the USB port not being part of the USB setup. You need to consider that the USB header port will have 2 x USB ports available but due to the size of the connector from the PCIe card, only one of the two ports will be available.
Ed I believe you are right that my USB port is not a part of my system (also I did try swapping the usb connectors at the headers, and it didn't matter. attached are the screen shots of what I see. As of right now I need a little help getting pointed into the right direction on how to fix this, is this as simple as a usbinjectall.kext? Or is this a more complicated process

Attachments

• hackintool-system-peripherals.png
    hackintool-system-peripherals.png
    265.6 KB · Views: 160
  • hackintool-usb.png
    hackintool-usb.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 151
  • sysinfo-bluetooth.png
    sysinfo-bluetooth.png
    276.9 KB · Views: 169
  • sysinfo-usb.png
    sysinfo-usb.png
    261.4 KB · Views: 173
Ed I believe you are right that my USB port is not a part of my system (also I did try swapping the usb connectors at the headers, and it didn't matter. attached are the screen shots of what I see. As of right now I need a little help getting pointed into the right direction on how to fix this, is this as simple as a usbinjectall.kext? Or is this a more complicated process

Thank you Fear, I was just reading this right now :)

Thank you Fear, I was just reading this right now :)
thought that Apple wifi cards didn't need extra kexts, but proper usb port setup is very important to make it work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back