Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[SOLVED] Bluetooth not working in Mavericks GA-H87N-WiFi

Hey guys,

My build had been working great until my bluetooth stopped working completely. I seem to be having similar problems to the post below, but none of the solutions offered seem to work.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/118745-ga-h87n-wifi-mavericks-10-9-bluetooth-issues.html

Here are my specs:

Gigabyte GA-H87N-WiFi - BIOS F8; Arial Antennae are attached
Intel i7 4790K
Crucial Ballistix 16GB Ram
Graphics card ASUS GeForce GTX 780
OS X Mavericks 10.9.4

When I first installed Mavericks, Bluetooth worked fine (after I attached the antennae) and WiFi did not as expected. I purchased a USB WiFi dongle, which has worked great.

When I went to attach my wireless keyboard and trackpad, it worked at first and then promptly stopped working and Bluetooth was not detected. It disappeared from the menu bar and system preferences. After trying a few things from this forum, I threw my hands up in the air and bought an IOGEAR USB Bluetooth dongle. This seemed to solve the issue, but to my surprise THE SAME THING HAPPENED! Bluetooth has disappeared completely and in "System Information" under "Bluetooth" it says "no information found".

I fiddled with xHCI settings (setting it to enabled and then smart auto), and that worked once but not again.

I just did a clean install of Mavericks out of desperation and I still can't seem to make it aware of the Bluetooth.

Has anyone had this issue? Can anyone think of a solution?

Thanks!

UPDATE SEPT 3: I took the bluetooth/wifi chip out and returned the IOGEAR USB Bluetooth. I bought the GMYLE one and attached it to a USB extender (since I heard range was an issue). No kext edits, no library deletions.

Mavericks picked it up right away. Keyboard and Trackpad are working perfectly. I'll update again in a few weeks if this gets glitchy. Keep in mind I did do a clean install recently though - may still be worthwhile if you run in to issues.

Last edited:
I think you'll probably find this is a waste of time, which is the conclusion I reached with my Z87N-WiFi. Sorry I don't have more time for a reply, but check out Toleda's thread for numerous options to replace the bluetooth/WiFi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back