Contribute
Register

Bluetooth not working, icon shows with wavy line (BCM94352)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming
CPU
i5 6600
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone
I did successfully update to High Sierra and everything was fine, but after several reboots my bluetooth devices did disconnected. I tried to play with Kext Patches, but nothing helps. After the last reboot I catch bluetooth icon with wave line (Bluetooth: Not Available)
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 22.07.17.png

I used next patches:
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

PCI List here and my config attached
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 22.04.09.png
Any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.6 KB · Views: 276
any suggestions?

I did try to use MultiBeast, there is no my drive there. Probably because I have APFS?
Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 12.09.56.png

Hi everyone
I did successfully update to High Sierra and everything was fine, but after several reboots my bluetooth devices did disconnected. I tried to play with Kext Patches, but nothing helps. After the last reboot I catch bluetooth icon with wave line (Bluetooth: Not Available)
View attachment 285231

I used next patches:
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

PCI List here and my config attached
View attachment 285233
Any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks!

Hi Dude.
I have the same Card. Wifi is OK but no BT.
Did you fix it.

Same issue, almost all the same kexts too. Updating to 10.13.1 to see if this has any effect (the release notes mention fixing bluetooth issues with ApplePay). If anyone figures out a solution, it would be most appreciated if you posted here. Thanks!

Same issue, almost all the same kexts too. Updating to 10.13.1 to see if this has any effect (the release notes mention fixing bluetooth issues with ApplePay). If anyone figures out a solution, it would be most appreciated if you posted here. Thanks!

Below how I have half success with the bluetooth.
Half success because If I turn off my headset, BT cannot be turned ON/OFF. It's like it no more responding.
Otherwise, AirDrop, peering, search work.
After 2 weeks of hassle, Adding XHCI to HXC and XHC1 to XHC DSDT activated the BT.
I didn't check if both are required.

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 10.14.32 PM.png

I didn't need any kext patch and I noticed BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext are the only needed.
Removing USBInjectAll.Kext and BT Card is detected.

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 10.17.17 PM.png

And It is detected as USB3 . (Not sure if it is OK).

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 10.21.48 PM.png

One method to try -Experiencing Bluetooth problems on your Mac? Try this - The one method that always work for me is if you have another OS X install you need to go to S/L/E in your current build and delete these two kexts IOBluetoothFamily.kext and IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext and replace them with the ones from your other OS X install.

I don't use use a kext utility - I find them a bit hit and miss with High Sierra, just drag and drop (with SIP partially disabled or disabled), grant permission with password, repair permission, reboot and bluetooth is back on line.
I have attached the two Kexts as mentioned. It's your call if you want to try my method - Good luck.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 176
Thanks for the advice! I'm using BrcmPatchRAM2 instead of BrcmNonPatchRAM2 and that at least gets the Bluetooth card to show up properly. However, the Bluetooth manager is unable to discover new Bluetooth devices. Since I only really use it for AirDrop, and AirDrop now works, I'm relatively happy with it. I'm running 10.13.2 with FileVault enabled. If anyone discovers a better fix, I'll give it shot.

Hello Everyone - I know this is post is old, but I have a fix to try for those that are having this issue.

In short, I updated to 10.15.4 Catalina and bluetooth disappeared with the squiggly line in the menu bar. No hardware detected in system profile, played with all the suggestions in the forum for kexts, removed the menu item from the bar, and reseted bluetooth by adding/removing extensions. Nothing worked in any combination.

I then considered the BIOS. I turned off my PSU and held down the power button to sap all the charge in the system. After a few minutes, I restarted and bluetooth returned.

If you for whatever reason don't have a PSU with a switch, simply unplug and drain the charge in the motherboard.

Another option is to try resetting the CMOS, loading optimized defaults in BIOS, restarting, and resetting the BIOS to the desired settings.

Hope this helps someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back