EVGA GTX-670 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I've been runninng OS X 10.8.2 on a machine with a core i7-3770K on a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH for about two months.
I've been using an apple bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth trackpad with an IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Dongle since my build without any problems.

Today I plugged in a USB keyboard so I could reset the PVRAM (I was working on an issue with iMessage) and it caused my bluetooth input devices to totally freeze up. I deleted both devices and tried to re-pair without success. Right now I'm using a USB keyboard and mouse.

I've deleted the com.apple.bluetooth.plist file, unplugged the USB devices, turned off the computer, turned off the bluetooth devices, and turned the computer back on without the USB devices plugged in. The BT Setup Assistant sees both the BT keyboard and the trackpad, but can't pair with them.

Anybody else have this problem? Any thoughts?

So, I got bluetooth working again by restoring from a backup disk image, but now the system seems significantly slowed down. It is seriously lagging as I type this and the graphics (geforce gtx 670) stutters when I expose the dock or do anything in Launchpad. Thoughts?

A bit more (bizarre) information: The amount of stutter in Launchpad is related to screen position. Folders in the top row don't stutter at all when opening, while those in the bottom row stutter significantly. Curiouser and curiouser.

I've had this problem too with the same hardware but unfortunately I have been unsuccessful in restoring it. In fact, I've broken my Hackintosh while trying to fix it. :(

Thanks Prafulsaag.

I did a clean install of ML and had no problems with the animations until after I had finished reinstalling applications. Specifically, I didn't really see the problem until after I had installed iStat Menus 4. I uninstalled it but the stutter is still there and now I'm getting a string of boot errors.

I've looked at the log to see if I could identify those errors, but I'm pretty new to this, so I don't know what I'm looking for. At startup, they flash across the screen way faster than I can read.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited because OP doesn't know how to type english good.

Any luck so far?

This is all new to me too. Friends told me this would be easy but apparently not. I haven't had a chance to look at my Hackintosh yet but I really need to get the track pad working. If i have any luck, I'll be sure to let you know.

Interesting that things started happening after iStat Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back