Gigabyte Z270x Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello everyone,

First a gigantic thank you for this site and all the efforts that have been put into its development, I have now realised an old dream and feel very grateful towards everyone in this community!
Everything is now working in an apparently very stable way!
There is still one thing that I would love to make work: Use the Hackintosh with my old wireless trackpad and keyboard that I used on my 2011 iMac.
I've seen posts where people reported successful use of trackpad with a trendNet usb Bluetooth dongle, so I've bought that instead of the wifi/bluetoth PCI card.
I checked the bluetooth norm for my trackpad and keyboard and it should match the trend net's bluetooth format (2.0/2.1).
Now when I go to the trackpad prefpane and try to locate it, I can see it's roaming but never finding anything weather it's the trackpad or the keyboard!
Anyway, maybe I've wrongly assumed that if the norm was the same, the Os could manage the rest but visibly it can't!

If you have any idea how I could make my trackpad usable it would be extremely helpful :)
Have a really really real nice weekend!

Hi, thanks for replying!
I'm running 10.13.3 right now :)
Yes I did follow this guide to the letter but I'm kind of an enormous newbie so I might have ****ed it up :/
For example I failed the prevention of the new High Sierra file system conversion during install, don't know how but now it's definitely in apfs.
I read that apfs could be the reason why the trackpad prefpane doesn't show all touch clicking and swiping options, it just directly goes in the bluetooth search mode. It sees the trackpad now but only uses it as a mouse, none of the trackpad gestures work!
Anyway that was too hard for me I guess, following the guide wasn't enough for me haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back