geforce
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello Guys

I have just bought a wireless apple keyboard and magic mouse for my hackingtosh. My motherboard is a Asus p8p67 DELUXE. everything works great. But when i first booted into mountain lion, i had no bluetooth (im using the onboard bluetooth that came with my motherboard). I then restarted my machine and booted into Windows 7 (on a separate hard drive). I then restarted and booted into Mountain Lion, where until then i had my bluetooth back. I figured that i had to boot into Windows 7 first to be able to enable the bluetooth driver for my bluetooth to show up in Mountain Lion.

I would like to know is there a way for to boot into Mountain Lion with my Bluetooth enabled rather than going through the process of booting into Windows 7 first?

Thank You guys

bluettoth keyboard and mouse

I was having problems getting the Apple wireless kybd & trackpad to work with a Targus USB adapter. I finally booted up Windows 7 and ran the installation software followed by the pairing process. Booted back into 10.8.2 again, went through pairing, and all is working fine now. I can only guess that running the installer under Windows did something to the BIOS.

yea its a pain to do, if your going to boot into windows 7 just to enable the devices, might as well just use windows while ur logged in. lol. any help on how to fix this?

does anyone know how to resolve this? is there any interest?

I have no idea really. It may be that the adapter is not fully compatible, but rather needs som initialization after a power-on that OS X doesn't supply (but Windows does). It then retains this through the reboot. I have no idea how to fix this. Is it just the pairing that doesn't work, or does the BT adapter not even show up in System Profiler properly?

I'm pretty sure the installer cannot do anything to BIOS itself, that was probably a case of wonky pairing.

the BT adapter dosnt even show up, like if didnt come with one. not until after a boot into windows 7 then quickly restart into Mountain Lion it shows up. Does BT work with people that only have OSX installed without windows 7?

This guy on youtube has it working with only OSX, but hes using USB BT dongles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0LcOb-93cg

It's the same here. I'm using the wi-fi / BT PCi-E adapter that came with the MoBo. Apple's trackpad and wireless kb. just work in ML 10.8.2 after booting Win7 first. Go figure...

The Wifi/bluetooth card that came with my motherboard didn't work for my hack. But, I purchased a Targus USB bluetooth adapter like tonymacx86 recommends in his builds and it has worked perfectly. I suggest trying it - I got it for under $10.

Yeah, thanks !

The thing is: the bluetooth adapter that comes with the Z77X-UDH5 ( is it the same as yours ? ) does work !!!! Flawlessly.

The question: why do I have to boot Win7 first and then boot to ML to get it working ??? If I turn off the computer and/or try to boot right on MAC it doesn't connect to devices. Can't figure it out why...:?::?::?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back