Contribute
Register

Bluetooth Issue with BCM94360CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I have done as you have asked and here is the IOReg file

Also I know I removed HS01 and SS01 etc because I was at my 15 port limit.

Also when I remove usbmap and add the usbinjectall kext, I am disabling 1 and enabling the other vs removing them from the folder. Is that a problem?

Attachments

• Alexs hackintosh_2.ioreg
    4.4 MB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 4.04.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 4.04.32 PM.png
    413.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Shouldn’t be a problem, enabling or disabling the kexts in the config.plist should work in theory.

I‘ll have a look at the IORegv2 when I am at my computer later today.

You need to use a newer version of USBInjectAll.kext. Version 0.7.1 won't work with your Z490 setup. You need to use version 0.7.5 or newer.

Version 0.7.7 is attached, replace the version you are currently using with the version attached.

Attachments

• USBInjectAll-077.kext.zip
    20 KB · Views: 37
@Edhawk Thank you for the help. I will give that one shot. Where is it maintained I used the link for usbinjectall on dortanias site.

Okay, Here is the 3rd IO reg after loading that USBInjectall

Attachments

• Alexs hackintoshv3.ioreg
    4.7 MB · Views: 50
Ok, so according to that last IOReg, which looks the best of the three, you do not have a Bluetooth module connected to any USB ports in your system.

The IOReg is showing all the possible ports in your system:
  • HS01-HS14 inclusive
  • SS01-SS10 inclusive
  • USR1 & USR2
All set with the same USB3 connector type, which is the default when using USBInjectAll.kext.

Only four ports have any active devices connected:
HS11 - AURA LED controller
HS12 - Corsair Gaming K55 Keyboard
HS13 - Corsair Gaming Scimitar Pro RGB Mouse
SS03 - Seagate Expansion media

In the first IOReg using your USBMap.kext the Seagate Expansion media drive was connected to HS10, i.e. via USB2 port not a USB3 port as shown in the third IOReg you provided.

The second IOReg you provided is now showing as a complete waste.

So based on this I would recommend the following:
  1. Check the USB cable connecting the PCIe card and motherboard is fully seated in the PCIe card and motherboard header.
  2. Check the USB header cable connection is orientated correctly if it is a 5-pin connector fitting in to a 9-pin header.
  3. That being the case, replace the cable connecting the PCIe card and motherboard, as it may be defective.
    1. These BT USB cables can be obtained from most online retailers for a low cost, around £4-6 in the UK. You need to check if your card uses a 4-pin to 9-pin or mimi-B to 9-pin or one of the other types of USB cables:
    2. 38a35c5746e4891e.jpg H6b759cce5a8247d9bd68f2b951e64720t.jpg s-l300.jpg Three common cables for BT
  4. If the PCIe WiFi/BT card is still new enough to be returnable to the retailer, i.e. still within their return timeframe, start a Return request with whomever you bought the card from, as it may be defective.
Going by the image below can you confirm the following:
  • Which slot is the PCIe card installed within your motherboard?
  • Which header is your Bluetooth cable connected to on your motherboard?

Asus Prime Z490 A Motherboard.pngAsus Prime Z490 A motherboard layout.

My Card is connected to Slot 1 and the USB cable is connected to Header 1

That is quite a stretch for what is normally quite a short cable (150mm in length). Have you made sure the connection to the header is orientated the correct way and securely fitted within the header.

Have you tried installing the WiFi/BT adapter card in Slot 2 or Slot 3? Does this make any difference?

Out of curiosity can you confirm which cable are you using.
  • Is the header connector a 9-pin plug, with four cables connecting adjacent to the blanked off pin?
  • Is the header connector a 5-pin plug, so only taking up the space of one of the two ports from the header?

That is quite a stretch for what is normally quite a short cable (150mm in length). Have you made sure the connection to the header is orientated the correct way and securely fitted within the header.

Have you tried installing the WiFi/BT adapter card in Slot 2 or Slot 3? Does this make any difference?

Out of curiosity can you confirm which cable are you using.
  • Is the header connector a 9-pin plug, with four cables connecting adjacent to the blanked off pin?
  • Is the header connector a 5-pin plug, so only taking up the space of one of the two ports from the header?
Ed, I moved my card to Slot 3, the USB cable is a 9pin and is connected to Header 1.

The wifi is working albeit slow for a card that is rated at 1750 I get about 20 and my internet is 400.
When connected to ethernet my speed test hits close to 500, I thought it could have been the distance to the router, but my phone and iPad right next to the computer pull-down 200-350 on speed tests.

the Bluetooth is NOW showing in mac os after realizing that the 2 front USB ports are HS07 and HS08, and I made a change to the USB 5/6 to be the internal headers. It is working WOOHOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back