Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
dadsad
CPU
asdasf
Graphics
fasfsa
Basically, my ProBook 6360b has internal Bluetooth, however this is only BT 2.0.

A little dig in to the System properties tells me that it's just a USB device with a custom header on it. In my time working with computers, I have seen laptops that just contain Bluetooth dongles on an internal USB port.

What I want to know is: is there anyone who has done successfully used an external USB, internally. If not, I dig out the soldering iron and post my findings here.

What I want to know is: is there anyone who has done successfully used an external USB, internally. If not, I dig out the soldering iron and post my findings here.

I have, on a 4740s.
Cut the wires at the usb 2.0 port that was not needed for tricky chameleon installs,
added a shielded piece of cable and routed it to above the screen.
There I fixed a tiny Broadcom BT device.
I don't remember the marketing name, it is device 0x21e8, manufacturer 0x0a5c, version 1.12.
The useless port I covered with black electricians tape before putting the motherboared inside the case again.

Works fine since. There would be enough room in the 4740s to add a usb 2.0 hub and get the port (and with some case whittling, two more) back.

dg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back