CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I have a perfect running build using H110M-d and corsair RAM, everything works very fine and I wanted to have Bluetooth and Wifi functionality.

According to many post in here, the recommended wifi card is FV-T919. So I bought it on AliExpress and the package arrived yesterday.

I installed it on my mobo PCIe x1 slot and connected all antennas. When I checked bluetooth it works flawlessly. I can connect my bluetooth headphones, share files through airdrop with my mac. But when I tried connecting wifi here comes lot of issues. Let me list them down below
  1. I have Tenda router with dual-band wifi. One is 5GHz and 2.4GHz. I usually use 5GHz in all my devices. Since FV-T919 support dual bandwidth I tried connecting to my 5g wifi, but it does not connect, always getting error.
  2. I felt its not going to work, so I tried connecting to my 2.4g network, it connected immediately and I can use the internet, but it got issues with bluetooth, audio is breaking on my headphone and airdrop show/hide device randomly. Then I browsed internet and came to know that bluetooth will interfere with 2.4g networks. So I can't even use 2.4g network
  3. I started playing with the antennas to check which antenna is connected for bluetooth and check if really bluetooth cause the issue. After sometimes I found bluetooth antenna which is 3rd from left (the one removed in attached image). So I just removed that antenna and my bluetooth is working but signal is very weak. Now I connected to my 2.4g network and it worked without any issues.
  4. In curiosity, I tried to connect to 5g network without connecting bluetooth antenna, voila it worked fine. it worked with its fullest speed. So there is no problem with my 2.4g or 5g network when I unplug the antenna for bluetooth. But if I connect bluetooth antenna then I'm getting issues with 2.4g wifi (very slow speed, connection drops), 5g network is not connected, even not connecting when I turn off/on wifi multiple times. but without bluetooth antenna it works very fine.
  5. But without bluetooth antenna connected, I can't able to use bluetooth, it still switch on/off, but the bluetooth device not getting recognised. So either I can use wifi or bluetooth, not both of them at the same time.
I read in many blogs that FV-T919 contains chipset of broadcom it doesn't need any kext or configuration to work. I think its true since my wifi and bluetooth is working alone. Also in many post I read that internal wifi/bluetooth in the mobo also interfere with FV-T919, but its not my case, as I mentioned earlier my mobo is H110M-d, it doesn't have any internal wifi/bluetooth chip.

What I'm thinking right now is whether my antenna or FV-T919 device have issues. I don't know how to solve this issue. If I confirm the item is defective then I can return and get a replacement if possible.

Can anyone help me on this. I'm struggling it for last 2 days, without any success.

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus H110M-D
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Here I attach system information for both bluetooth and wifi.

What I'm doubting is in the product description it shows bluetooth 4.0 but in the system information it shows 4.2, I think this might causing the issue, how should I fix it if this is the issue?

Attachments

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Are there any other routers/wifi networks in range of your location. Do you live in the US or another country ?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
That's likely the problem. You are using a router designed for use in the USA, not India. Locale FCC. Country Code US.

The other routers around you are probably not FCC and US country code. Most are likely broadcasting at 2,4 GHz too.

Motherboard
Asus H110M-D
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Oh Ok. So how do I fix this issue.

But I didn't have any issues with bluetooth, it only wifi when bluetooth antenna is attached. If I remove BT antenna wifi works fine in both 5g and 2.4 GHz bands, bluetooth signal will be weak when antenna is removed.

Last edited:

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Try this: On your CustoMac, hold the Option key, click the Wi-Fi icon on the top menubar, and select “Open Wireless Diagnostics.” Go through the wizard, which will scan your area and alert you to things you can do to improve your Wi-Fi.

At the end of the process, you’ll see “Conflicting Country Codes” in the summary. This indicates there are wireless routers with two different country codes nearby. I don't know that there is a way to fix this given the situation you live in. Do some research via Google.

Motherboard
Asus H110M-D
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
But I don't think the problem is with Locale or Country code, as I posted above my macbook also having country code set to US and it works without any issues. Same in my build, where if I remove BT antenna it works without any issues, it only problem with BT antenna connected. Anyway thanks for the update, I'm also doing some research on this.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
my macbook also having country code set to US and it works without any issues. Same in my build, where if I remove BT antenna it works without any issues
The BT in a Macbook has very poor range. The Fenvi, with antenna attached has a range of well over 10 feet. That's why your Macbook works the same as when your BT antenna is disconnected on your CustoMac. I have a Fenvi and have tested it myself.