Lenovo (Thinkcentre M900 Tower)
CPU
Core i7-6700 3.4GHz
Graphics
Gygabyte GT740
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I have a new build up and running on a Lenovo Thinkcentre M900 Tower + Nvidia GT740 and everything is working perfectly except USB 3 and Bluetooth. I'm currently on 10.12.4.

This thread is about my bluetooth problems and I hope someone can help.

I purchased these two USB Bluetooth dongles - one IOGear and the other a StarTech.com unit from Amazon. I had read that they are support OOTB as they are built on the BROADCOM 20702A3 chip.

Both are recognized and "seem" to function correctly right away. They show up in System Report (image attached) and the bluetooth pane in System Preferences shows bluetooth as 'On'.

View media item 188926
You can see from the above image that BT seems to be working and I do actually have radio connectivity - I can pair a BT headset successfully and connect to it, the Mac "sees" and pairs with my magic keyboard and mouse (but can't connect). These devices, despite showing up here, don't actually work.

I can't get any audio through the headset (in or out) and they keyboard and mouse do not successfully connect despite be discovered and paired successfully.

Has anyone else see this before. I searched but found nothing. Hoping someone can suggest a quick fix.

Thanks,
Steve.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 10.10.44 am.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 10.10.44 am.png
    243.6 KB · Views: 88
@stindall, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Model, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back