Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H81M-S2H
CPU
Intel i5 4460 Quad Core
Graphics
Radeon R9 280
Hi guys,

Just received my IOGEAR GBU521W6 Bluetooth adapter.
I can't seem to get it working. Can someone help me out on this please.

Specs: Mobo - Gigabyte H81m-S2H
CPU - Intel i5 4460
GPU - Radeon R9 280

Also running on Yosemite OS.

Thanks

From my experience none of those dongles actually work and if they do they're not stable. The best bet is to get a card with the BCM94360CD chip as that's what Apple uses in their own systems. You can get a combo card that has wifi and bluetooth. They will also provide out of the box support for handoff and airdrop.

Amazon has them now: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RCKZ3SU/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Hi guys,

Just received my IOGEAR GBU521W6 Bluetooth adapter.
I can't seem to get it working. Can someone help me out on this please.

Specs: Mobo - Gigabyte H81m-S2H
CPU - Intel i5 4460
GPU - Radeon R9 280

Also running on Yosemite OS.

Thanks

Make sure you have a known USB dongle that works. I'm using the "GMYLE (TM) Micro USB Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle Dual Mode w/ Low Energy Technology Wireless Adapter (Broadcom BCM20702 chipset)"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Dongle-V4-0-Dual-Mode/dp/B007MKMJGO

Note that you have to fix any USB issues you may have (e.g. proper USB 2.x or 3.x support) before the USB dongle will work.

Lastly, my dongle is sometimes slow to reconnect after waking up from sleep (it does however work) and does not work in the clover boot menu.

I had issues with lagging and stuttering with the iogear. I use this Gmyle:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F85ZPIY/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Also, keep in mind that these things get no where near the stated range. I have mine connected to the back of the monitor with a USB extension cable. That puts it only about 18 inches from the Magic mouse and wireless keyboard.

There was a time after a new Yosemite installation that no BT adapter would work at all. It would work in Windows 10, but not in OS X. Only a fresh reinstall helped.

Hello i have the same Dongle and it work perfect when booting with Clover vía Usb. But when i boot from the Hdd it works, but my Magic Mouse make strange moves if i separe it of the board. If ikeep fastened i can move it fine.

Other thing i want to know if there is any solution to make the Bluetooth working in the clover menú, with any of the previous Bluetooth adapters can?

Thanks.

Make sure you have a known USB dongle that works. I'm using the "GMYLE (TM) Micro USB Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle Dual Mode w/ Low Energy Technology Wireless Adapter (Broadcom BCM20702 chipset)"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Dongle-V4-0-Dual-Mode/dp/B007MKMJGO

Note that you have to fix any USB issues you may have (e.g. proper USB 2.x or 3.x support) before the USB dongle will work.

Lastly, my dongle is sometimes slow to reconnect after waking up from sleep (it does however work) and does not work in the clover boot menu.

Do you mind if I ask about how you got the "GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter" to work? I've gone through a few things and gotten it to show up in system prefs, but it can't find my magic mouse, regardless of how close I am holding it - like literally against the dongle - and I can't locate it with my cell phone, again, regardless of how close I hold it.

Do you mind if I ask about how you got the "GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter" to work? I've gone through a few things and gotten it to show up in system prefs, but it can't find my magic mouse, regardless of how close I am holding it - like literally against the dongle - and I can't locate it with my cell phone, again, regardless of how close I hold it.
Oddly enough, as I was setting my computer up in its new home today, the bluetooth dongle started functioning 100%. It instantly recognized my magic mouse.

You can try this for the IOGEAR it worked for me.

Attachments

• Bluetooth 10.9.0 Fix.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 169
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back