Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, now it might get more complicated. You've obviously used the 100 motherboard series port increase option in MultiBeast. Unfortunately, I've run out of suggestions. BTW, are you using Sierra or High Sierra?

It wasn't working properly on Sierra or High Sierra. I actually just fixed my problem. I installed RehabMan's BrcmPatchRAM kexts and now it works perfect! I just tested it a bunch of times and my magic keyboard & mouse are always working immediately at login without having to reinsert the bluetooth adapter.

Maybe this can help someone else.

Thanks Stork!

I also need to buy a Bluetooth dongle for High Sierra. In the first post, the OP recommends this one:

Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 (Plug & Play)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009ZIILLI/?tag=tonymacx86-21

On the Amazon page it now says "It does not work with Mac computers." Is this true? I'm very reluctant to buy something on the advice of this forum when the product's own page says it won't work.

I bought the IO Gear BT adapter from Amazon (the recommended one). I could not get it to work at all (tried different ports, rebooting, etc.), and read some posts about some of them being DOA. To test it in a clearly supported environment I booted up my Windows 10 environment to test and confirm if this was an OSX vs a hardware issue. After Win 10 installed the drivers and rebooted, the dongle worked perfectly under Windows.

I rebooted the system back in to OSX, and the device worked fine there (and has worked ever since). Not sure what happened in the Windows environment that 'fixed' the device (if the device got updated, or the BT pairing was finally reset to my devices) - but if you have a dongle that 'should' work but doesn't, cant hurt to test it in Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back