Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 G1
CPU
i5-4690K [email protected]
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've been looking on the forums for awhile I couldn't find a forum post for Bluetooth Dongles, PCI-E, PCI, etc.
So I decided to post this that others can add onto then we could make a master list for everyone to use and save their time looking for ways to add bluetooth to their hackintosh.

Just a list don't ask for help here
But Feel Free To Post Stuff More Info For Me To Add On :D

USB Dongles:
Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 (Plug & Play)
Amazon:
(USA)
(Canada)

(UK)

792dcdd969e969db94430e63992e43ef.png

490a7b412f5c893ee8ce06efc2ed781b.png

Mini PCI/M.2:
Dell DW1560 Bluetooth (Part Number: 6XRYC) (Click Here for Kext)
You can buy this card from Dell by requesting them for 6XRYC
You can also buy this from eBay (WATCH FOR FAKES they don't work as good as the real ones and in Windows it crashes a lot)

6804aae299b0fd56f093604c6d5c8f3e.png

7f8129fb64448953326cb63d95c5b071.png

Please Submit More Down Below (Add Proof That It Works)

Hi LiteGaming, Do you have Sierra installed on your Asus ROG GL552VW?

I'm using the GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter (Amazon / Newegg) which works with continuity/handoff...or it the last time I checked which was a year or so ago. I use the Fenvi T919 Wifi/BT4 card, which uses the Apple compatible Boardcom BCM94360CD card and PCIe adapter card. I know the Fenvi card works, but it's been out of stock at Amazon now for a couple of months.

BTW, the users in those threads you listed above had other problems than the IOGear BT USB dongle not working with continuity/handoff. If you correctly setup your USB ports, the Bluetooth USB dongles in the Buyer's Guide work with continuity/handoff; otherwise, we wouldn't have put them in the Buyer's Guides.

I'm using the GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter (Amazon / Newegg) which works with continuity/handoff...or it the last time I checked which was a year or so ago. I use the Fenvi T919 Wifi/BT4 card, which uses the Apple compatible Boardcom BCM94360CD card and PCIe adapter card. I know the Fenvi card works, but it's been out of stock at Amazon now for a couple of months.

BTW, the users in those threads you listed above had other problems than the IOGear BT USB dongle not working with continuity/handoff. If you correctly setup your USB ports, the Bluetooth USB dongles in the Buyer's Guide work with continuity/handoff; otherwise, we wouldn't have put them in the Buyer's Guides.

I got the IOGear bluetooth dongle. I have the same setup as you with the Asus Maximus VIII Hero. The IOGear needs to be replugged in after every reboot or it doesn't work. Is there a way I can fix this?

Try on of two USB plugs under the PS/2 keyboard connector on the Back Panel.

Try on of two USB plugs under the PS/2 keyboard connector on the Back Panel.

No difference. I need to re-insert the usb dongle. I use bios 3504 and have legacy usb support set to auto like in your guide.

Well, now it might get more complicated. You've obviously used the 100 motherboard series port increase option in MultiBeast. Unfortunately, I've run out of suggestions. BTW, are you using Sierra or High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back