Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ga-z77n-wifi
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
intel hd 4000
this has happened three times now. when i first setup my system bluetooth functionality worked with the exception of being able to turn it on and off. (I'm using the onboard ga-z77n-wifi bluetooth btw, OS X 10.11.6).

after several months one day my magic mouse stopped connecting. tried every fix i could find but no joy. On a lark i tried to pair another magic mouse and it connected and i was back in business with the new mouse. Several months later the same issue occurred, connected my third magic mouse and again i was back in business.

Last week my third mouse all of a sudden stopped connecting. Each mouse can still connect to my MBP with no issues. so i know the mice are not faulty. However now no blue tooth devices can be paired with my hackintosh. the devices show up in bluetooth manager but the moment i hit pair i instantly get a pairing failure. Its like its not even attempting to connect to the device.

I have deleted bluetooth plists, deleted bluetooth related kexts and reinstalled, nothing has corrected the problem. I am at a complete loss as where to go from here.

Last edited:
@coldhammer, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

this has happened three times now. when i first setup my system bluetooth functionality worked with the exception of being able to turn it on and off. (I'm using the onboard ga-z77n-wifi bluetooth btw, OS X 10.11.6).

after several months one day my magic mouse stopped connecting. tried every fix i could find but no joy. On a lark i tried to pair another magic mouse and it connected and i was back in business with the new mouse. Several months later the same issue occurred, connected my third magic mouse and again i was back in business.

Last week my third mouse all of a sudden stopped connecting. Each mouse can still connect to my MBP with no issues. so i know the mice are not faulty. However now no blue tooth devices can be paired with my hackintosh. the devices show up in bluetooth manager but the moment i hit pair i instantly get a pairing failure. Its like its not even attempting to connect to the device.

I have deleted bluetooth plists, deleted bluetooth related kexts and reinstalled, nothing has corrected the problem. I am at a complete loss as where to go from here.

No mention of which Bluetooth Solution you are using. Which Bluetooth card or dongle do you have?

im using the onboard bluetooth on the ga-z77n-wifi mobo.

better supported how? This was an official customac build board. bluetooth is supposed to work out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back