Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there,

Problem
I'm having some problems with the BCM94360CS2 Wifi/Bluetooth Combo Card (link here). The bluetooth (randomly or around every 2 hours) completely drops, forcing me to do a hard restart as I have a bluetooth keyboard & mouse. The system is fine, it looks like its still functioning, I plug in a USB stick and it recognises it. It seems as if the USB header is loosing power or being disconnected somehow.

Background
I have posted in various posts and the problem has been going on for 8 months. I recently switched over to OpenCore, as a result this system is a lot more stable but the issue still persists regardless of what bootloader Im using. I did have this working (at some point) but after a few months the dropping started to occur, I'm not sure if has to do with an update with Catalina, a hardware problem or USB ports not being set correctly.

The bluetooth works fine in the BIOS and I am able to use it all the time in setup and the OpenCore picker.

I have some experience in the Hackintosh world but no where near an expert, so I appreciate your help in advance :).

What I've tried:
  1. Using USBInjectAll just to see if that has any bearing on how bluetooth is functioning.
  2. Checking XCHIPortLimit is set too false.
  3. Used AirportBrdcmFixup.kext to see if that stopped it dropping (although this card is natively supported)
  4. Using a different USB header on the motherboard.
  5. Resetting bluetooth and disconnected devices.
  6. Trying different boot arguments & slide values (removed shikigva=80)
  7. Checked if Above4GEncoding is enabled.
  8. Ensured 2.4ghz wifi is disabled.
USB Ports:
I have created a USBPorts.kext which seems to be working, but one thing to notice is the Bluetooth is marked as an internal USB 2.0 Hub which is very strange. On my friends build it explicitly says Broadcom.
Hackintool - USB Ports.png

USB - IOReg.png

SMBios:
I'm using the Mac Pro 7,1 SMBios as Im getting an increased performance score. Originally I was using the iMac Pro 1,1, but it seemed the 7,1 SMBios was a lot more performant.

Moving forward:
  • I have order a usb cable to connect my bluetooth/wifi card to the back of the computer (this may not make a difference but Im putting my bets on anything).
  • If everything fails I have looked at the Fenvi T919 Card (link here), does anyone have any experience with it? I understand these cards are native to iMacs where as the CS2 models are for macBook Air's. Would that have any bearing on the stability of the cards?
Attachments:
  • EFI.zip (EFI Folder)
  • debug_18351.zip (gen_debug zip)
  • IOReg.ioreg (IO Reg Dump)
Spec:
Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus Pro Z390
CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K 3.6GHz
Graphics: Sapphire RX580 8GB
Ram: Corsair CMU16GX4M2C3000C15R Vengeance LED 16 GB
Wifi/Bluetooth: BCM943602CS Combo Bluetooth/Wifi Card

I would really appreciate if you could help me get this fixed!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 96
  • IOReg.ioreg
    5 MB · Views: 91
  • debug_18351.zip
    721.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Ive used AiportBrdcmFixup.kext and has been stable for a few days now.
I have no idea why this is working as the card I have is supported.

Would be great if someone can shed some light on this.

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back