i7-930
Graphics
2x HD 5770
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone,

I've seen other threads about Bluetooth dongles on a Hackintosh, but I am having a massively hard time following what everyone is doing. I'm not typically a slouch with tech, but this one is messing with me bad.

I bought a Broadcom-based Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle (BCM20702) and crossed my fingers that it would work right out of the box. It didn't. I've been trying to follow instructions in the forum on how to install kexts, but feel like I'm missing something because I can't get it.

I bought my Hackintosh off someone else (I did not build this one) and, for the most part, it works great. Other than upgrading the hard drives, I haven't done anything else to it and really have no idea what's in this machine. It just works. Now that I want to use a Microsoft Arc Surface mouse, I need Bluetooth, but can't figure this out.

Any suggestions? I'm running OS X 10.11.6 on it, if that helps. I'm not married to this dongle either, so I'd welcome suggestions for a good plug and play dongle.

Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone,

I've seen other threads about Bluetooth dongles on a Hackintosh, but I am having a massively hard time following what everyone is doing. I'm not typically a slouch with tech, but this one is messing with me bad.

I bought a Broadcom-based Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle (BCM20702) and crossed my fingers that it would work right out of the box. It didn't. I've been trying to follow instructions in the forum on how to install kexts, but feel like I'm missing something because I can't get it.

I bought my Hackintosh off someone else (I did not build this one) and, for the most part, it works great. Other than upgrading the hard drives, I haven't done anything else to it and really have no idea what's in this machine. It just works. Now that I want to use a Microsoft Arc Surface mouse, I need Bluetooth, but can't figure this out.

Any suggestions? I'm running OS X 10.11.6 on it, if that helps. I'm not married to this dongle either, so I'd welcome suggestions for a good plug and play dongle.

Thanks in advance!
This works natively

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IM8YKPW/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Any 'CSR 4.0' CSR8510 A10 product should work.

I heard about that one it works as well.

Just got the IOGear dongle. Works well. I'll need to get a USB extension to improve the signal (my computer is in another room because of noise), but it did the trick. Sucks that Microsoft has limited OS X support for the Arc Surface mouse, but I'm not going to complain. Was tired of the scroll ball on the Mighty Mouse becoming unreliable and needing constant cleaning. lol

Thanks again for your reply and help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back