Contribute
Register

Bluetooth doesn't work after wake on Monterey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also am experiencing the same issue ...

Running Monterey 12.2.1 via OpenCore 0.7.8 with natively supported Broadcom WiFi/BT combo (BCM943602CS) in a PCIe PCIe adapter card on Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, after the system wakes from sleep my Apple magic mouse no longer works.

As a work around I use Better Touch Tool (BTT) to turn off Bluetooth before the system goes to sleep and then turn it back on after wake ... this work around works perfectly with my 1st gen Apple Magic mouse which now works as soon as the system wakes from sleep.

Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 14.14.51.png
The same thing could be archived using AppleScript/Shortcuts/System Automator, however BTT makes it supper simple to implement and it has a ton of other uses. I've been using it for years for custom gestures, keyboard shortcuts cuts, macros, etc.

if you don't already own BTT it only cost's $9 and you can download a free 45 day trial so you can test it before purchase.

Hopefully this work around will help a few of you guy's and girl's out there with this annoying bug in MacOS Monterey. Hopefully Apple will address this issue in a future Monterey update as genuine Mac's also seem to be still suffering from Bluetooth issues. However, for the time being this work around does the job.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:

Running Monterey 12.2.1 via OpenCore 0.7.8 with natively supported Broadcom WiFi/BT combo (BCM943602CS) in a PCIe PCIe adapter card on Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, after the system wakes from sleep my Apple magic mouse no longer works.

As a work around i use Better Touch Tool (BTT) to turn off Bluetooth before the system goes to sleep and then turn it back on after wake ... this work around works perfectly with my 1st gen Apple Magic mouse which now works as soon as the system wakes from sleep,

View attachment 542224
The same thing could be archived using AppleScript/Shortcuts/System Automator but BTT makes it supper simple to implement and it has a ton of other uses, i've been using it for years for custom gestures, keyboard shortcuts cuts, macros ...etc. It only cost's $9 if you don't already own it, you can download a free 45 day trial so you can test it before purchase.

Hopefully this work around will help a few of you guy's and girl's out there with this annoying and silly bug in MacOS Monterey, hopefully Apple will address this issue in a future Monterey update as genuine Mac's also seem to be still suffering from Bluetooth issue's but for the time being this work around does the job.

Cheers
Jay
Do you have XMP enabled in Bios? For some weird reason (as others suggested) disabling the XMP profile fixed the bluetooth issue for me o_O

Do you have XMP enabled in Bios? For some weird reason (as others suggested) disabling the XMP profile fixed the bluetooth issue for me o_O

@mihaivladan,

Yup haven't touched any BIOS settings ... XMP profile enabled as well as over clock, working just fine with above work around. Disabling XMP would cripple performance so was never an option for me.

Cheers
Jay

Are you using this notch bar feature ?

@trs96,

Thats a relatively new feature which was introduced in the latest update, i'm not using it myself but i could see it being maybe useful for owners of the new MacBooks that do have the notch. That being said i'm not a fan of notches on laptops and i think Apple really dropped the ball by having them on the new MBP's, I mean if there was actually hardware behind the notch like FaceID .. etc, then i could understand but have a notch for no reason is just plain dumb.

I'm guessing that next gen MBP's will have have FaceID ..etc so Apple just went ahead and did it regardless.

Cheers
Jay

As a work around I use Better Touch Tool (BTT) to turn off Bluetooth before the system goes to sleep and then turn it back on after wake ... this work around works perfectly with my 1st gen Apple Magic mouse which now works as soon as the system wakes from sleep.

View attachment 542224
The same thing could be archived using AppleScript/Shortcuts/System Automator, however BTT makes it supper simple to implement and it has a ton of other uses. I've been using it for years for custom gestures, keyboard shortcuts cuts, macros, etc.

if you don't already own BTT it only cost's $9 and you can download a free 45 day trial so you can test it before purchase.

Hopefully this work around will help a few of you guy's and girl's out there with this annoying bug in MacOS Monterey. Hopefully Apple will address this issue in a future Monterey update as genuine Mac's also seem to be still suffering from Bluetooth issues. However, for the time being this work around does the job.

Cheers
Jay
@jaymonkey Thanks for this tip. It got me half way there. BTT turns off BT before sleep as expected. And after wake up I can turn BT back on manually without issue. However, I just now set the inverse so BTT will turn on BT after wake and I again see the same behavior as when I wake without turning it off. istat menus shows bluetoothd at 400% and it never turns back on but is just pegging the CPU trying to do something. Obviously you aren't seeing this yourself so wondering if you are doing anything special for the wake process with BTT. Any guidance?

@jaymonkey Thanks for this tip. It got me half way there. BTT turns off BT before sleep as expected. And after wake up I can turn BT back on manually without issue. However, I just now set the inverse so BTT will turn on BT after wake and I again see the same behavior as when I wake without turning it off. istat menus shows bluetoothd at 400% and it never turns back on but is just pegging the CPU trying to do something. Obviously you aren't seeing this yourself so wondering if you are doing anything special for the wake process with BTT. Any guidance?
What BT card are you using? Both my DW1560 with updated kext and fenvi t-919 without any kext are running flawlessly now.

wondering if you are doing anything special for the wake process with BTT. Any guidance?

@misterwiggles,

Nope I'm not doing anything special other than using BTT to turn off the BT before sleep and back on again after wake using the BTT predefined triggers and actions. I'm not loading any BT specific kexts and don't have any BT device properties defined in my EFI config.

I'm running OpenCore 0.7.8 and Monterey 12.2.1, I have the BCM943602CS BT/USB connected to the F_USB2 internal USB2 port on my Gigabyte Z490 Vision G motherboard which is routed through the internal HS2 USB2 HUB.

Screenshot 2022-02-20 at 13.18.45.png

I've been running the workaround for about five days now and have gone through at least 30 sleep and wake cycles with no reboots and it's been working perfectly for me.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@eXTriC and @jaymonkey I’m using Fenvi T919 card also connected to MB USB header. I did my install using HackinDROM for this MB and I do have the broadcom kexts that get enabled as part of that install. Sounds like neither of you are using these? Maybe @CaseySJ can comment on if these are needed with the Fenvi card. I will try turning them off to see if it makes a difference in this wake issue.

@eXTriC and @jaymonkey I’m using Fenvi T919 card also connected to MB USB header. I did my install using HackinDROM for this MB and I do have the broadcom kexts that get enabled as part of that install. Sounds like neither of you are using these? Maybe @CaseySJ can comment on if these are needed with the Fenvi card. I will try turning them off to see if it makes a difference in this wake issue.
The Broadcom kexts are optional with the Fenvi. It's good to try both ways -- enabled and disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back