Contribute
Register

Bluetooth doesn't work after wake on Monterey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tired an app called shortey, works similar and is only €2.99. its utilises the shortcut app, so you need to create a command for "bluetooth on" and "bluetooth off" I have not had any issues with cpu spikes etc with this so far.

Be nice if this is a Monterey bug that eventually gets ironed out.

hopefully this app might help you.

Cliff

the Fenvi is running for two weeks now without kexts and i had zero issues or hickups. Initially I had the same wake issue but after a BIOS update and not enabling XMP, the issue went away.

just try without kext and disabling XMP profile to see if that fixes the issue. You can easily revert.

I’m using Fenvi T919 card also connected to MB USB header. I did my install using HackinDROM for this MB and I do have the broadcom kexts that get enabled as part of that install.

@misterwiggles,

I use unbranded BCM943602CS combo cards in PCIe adapters in all my Hacks, sourced from china on Ebay :-

They work out a bit cheeper than the Fenvi cards and have always worked great for me and are natively supported so no need for any kexts or device property injections.

Cheers
Jay

The Broadcom kexts are optional with the Fenvi. It's good to try both ways -- enabled and disabled.

Interesting. Getting rid of the Broadcom kexts seems to have solved the BTT wake solution to reenabling BT without hanging. Excellent! Hope this helps others if they run into this issue. All working now.

@eXTriC - We have similar rigs (CPU + mobo combo), with a Fenvi-919. I did a clean install of Monterey, and BT is working after deep sleep/wake cycle so far, knock on wood. There has been one time when I restarted and my mouse wasn't connected but keyboard was. I'm also on the iMac 19,1 SMBios.

Edit: The loss of my BT mouse after restart was real and reproducible. Installing BlueToolFixup.kext from the rcmPatchRAM-2.6.1 suite of kexts seems to have solved the problem
BlueToolFixup.kext seems to have fixed my issue as well.
I had identical problem on a Gigabyte z390 and Fenvi bluetooth PCI card:

Bluetooth Mouse or keyboard would wake computer from sleep 100% of the time, but either keyboard or mouse would be not connected after wake and require a manual connect or sometimes a complete unpair/repair.

Had been in the same issue, bluetooth sluttering and lost device after restart. Turning Off XMP solve my issue, but still not able to wake up by bluetooth mouse and wired keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back