Contribute
Register

Bluetooth does not working after every shut down but it does after every restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel
CPU
Intel
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Hi,

I have a problem with the bluetooth. If I go from windows to mac by restarting the laptop, the bluetooth is working on mac. But if I shut down the laptop and start up again it is not working on mac. I could not find a solution for this. I am not sure if you guys have any idea about that.

The system is mac 10.9.1 installed on acer s7-391.

The laptop has a combo atheros integrated wifi-bluetooth module.

By the way wifi does not work at all.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a problem with the bluetooth. If I go from windows to mac by restarting the laptop, the bluetooth is working on mac. But if I shut down the laptop and start up again it is not working on mac. I could not find a solution for this. I am not sure if you guys have any idea about that.

The system is mac 10.9.1 installed on acer s7-391.

The laptop has a combo atheros integrated wifi-bluetooth module.

By the way wifi does not work at all.

Thanks.

You probably need a firmware uploader for your BT chip. Windows loads the firmware when it boots, so when you restart from Windows the firmware is still there. On a cold boot, firmware is not loaded and you have no software on the OS X side to load it.

You probably need a firmware uploader for your BT chip. Windows loads the firmware when it boots, so when you restart from Windows the firmware is still there. On a cold boot, firmware is not loaded and you have no software on the OS X side to load it.

Thank you very much for your help. I asked it 2 years ago but I have just seen your reply. This firmware uploader kext does the job very well. If anyone experience the same problem the attached kext file can help. Thanks again.

Attachments

• BTFirmwareUploader.kext.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 113
Thank you very much for your help. I asked it 2 years ago but I have just seen your reply. This firmware uploader kext does the job very well. If anyone experience the same problem the attached kext file can help. Thanks again.

BTFirmwareUploader.kext not recommended. It is not open source and tends to cause instability on wake from sleep.

Use BrcmPatchRAM kexts instead.

BTFirmwareUploader.kext not recommended. It is not open source and tends to cause instability on wake from sleep.

Use BrcmPatchRAM kexts instead.

All right. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back