Graphics
MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OC
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can't be sure the issue is connected, but it did start as soon as I did the following:

So a few weeks ago I ran out of SATA ports on my motherboard (it had 6) and so I decided to buy a PCIe expansion card. I bought one by IOCrest (which uses the Marvell 88SE9235 chipset) and installed it into my PCIe x16_3 slot (it's an x2 card). The card itself works fine, but ever since it's been running in my computer, I've been having problems with my bluetooth.

Bluetooth comes via the Fenvi T919 (which has been working perfectly up until now).

Basically, both the trackpad and the keyboard (both official Magic Apple devices) will go through periods where they are extremely laggy. The trackpad will stutter and occasionally disconnect; the keyboard will get huge latency on keystrokes (like, 10-20 seconds), hold down some keys for ages and then also disconnect.

I've downloaded Apple's suite of Bluetooth tools to see if I can work out what's wrong (see below). I've tried resetting the BT module, restoring the devices to factory and putting in brand new batteries, but nothing's helping.

Could it be the SATA interfering?

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 02.19.22.png

Try disabling "Wake up for network access" in System Preferences->Energy Saver, or from e terminal:
sudo pmset womp 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back