Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
To cut a long story short:

- For the past few months I've been running with a ASUS bluetooth USB device plugged into my Hack. All worked fine.

- Last night I "upgraded" to an authentic Apple BCM94360CS2 WiFi/Bluetooth card. Installed via a M.2 adaptor with USB connection (to an internal header) for bluetooth. All works.

- Today I noticed that my Hack was waking immediately after sleep. Tracked this down to the wrong UsbConnector type in my SSDT config (was 3, is now 255 - "internal"). This has fixed the sleep issue...

However, now my keyboard & mouse no longer respond when the Hack is sleeping. This had worked perfectly before (with both ASUS and BCM hardware).

So... can I square the circle and get my Hack to sleep *and* be woken via Bluetooth keyboard/mouse?

Note that "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake computer" is enabled in system prefs.

Thanks.

Build:
Gigabyte Z390i (CNVi Wi-Fi module removed)
i7-8700
RX 580
32GB RAM
256GB m.2 SSD

Attachments

• SSDT-USB-Z390.dsl
    3.7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I know it sounds silly - but humor me. If you disconnect every external USB device and try going to sleep - does it sleep?

You can try resetting bluetooth module in debug bluetooth menu by holding down shift + option(alt) while click on bluetooth icon on top right of your desktop.

Totally same problem and same hardware. Hope someone could solve this..

After various failed attempts to find a fix, I have "solved" the problem by disabling the internal USB port (connected to Apple BCM94360CS2) and switched back to my ASUS Bluetooth USB dongle (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CM83SC0/?tag=tonymacx86-21).

It's a workaround, but now I have the best of both worlds:

- The Apple BCM94360CS2 handles bluetooth during startup (so I can use my bluetooth keyboard in Clover etc).
- After USBInjectAll is loaded, bluetooth switches to the ASUS dongle and I get wake from sleep as usual.

I would prefer to use the Apple BCM94360CS2 only, but this is an improvement in that the ASUS dongle didn't work during startup.

Does the Mac Wake up immediately after pushing a key on the keyboard? My Hack does wake up immediately, but need a few more pushes on the keyboard to show the screen... maybe its a problem from the iGPU?

My displays wake up a second or two after the Hack. But only one keypress in total is required.

Have you tried experimenting with the darkwake boot flag? I have no darkwake boot flag set (presumably uses macOS default). I did try various other darkwake boot flag values, but these did cause problems with wake e.g. ssh would wake the mac and the displays (should wake mac only). I forget if there was a problem with the displays when waking via bluetooth.

Hi, I have z390m gaming with bcm94360 cs2. I had to fix instant wake by changing the usb type from 3 to 255 (internal).
The card works great except from the fact that I can't wake my hackintosh with a bluetooth apple keyboard or mouse.

Has anyone fixed this?

Thank you,

Andyapple

Unfortunately not.

Last time I tried the BCM94360CS2 I did notice that the bluetooth module is "lost" when the system sleeps. Then a new device is added when the mac wakes again (you can see this in IORegistryExplorer - see screenshot attached). So I don't think it's active when the mac is asleep - which makes sense.

I don't know why this is though - perhaps the internal USB port is disabled when the PC sleeps? Haven't had time to figure this out. I have an external USB bluetooth dongle, which is bus powered during sleep and works fine, including wake. So it's odd that the internal USB doesn't work.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-31 at 20.55.10.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-31 at 20.55.10.png
    257.3 KB · Views: 146
Same problem... Same Broadcom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back