Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 F23g
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
I am using Fenvi T919 Broadcom cards in all my hacks and can connect my Apple BT keyboards as well as Apple BT mice without any problems and with no additional kexts required. I can however not BT connect my Apple Air 2 iPad as well as my iPhone 6+ devices.
Using OC 0.8.6 released on 7 November 2022.

Platforms and opsyses:

2 x Comet Lake Big Sur Monterey and Ventura
1 x Skylake Monterey and Ventura
1 x Haswell Monterey and Ventura

What is strange is that this problem manifests itself on all platforms and operating systems as tabulated above.

Any suggestions on how to fix this.

Greetings Henties

Are all systems signed in to the same iCloud account?

That is normally the blocker when things like this happen, i.e. devices using different iCloud accounts.

Hi @Edhawk, yes all are signed in to the same iCloud account with synchronisation among devices taking place via iCloud. That particular operation mode is indeed the BT connection blocker, as you have indicated, and I also learned by consulting some responses returned via Google.
Later during the day I will sign out one of the devices from the common iCloud account and test what happens when attempting to BT under that condition.

Thanks for your input.

Greetings Henties

Can the iPad and iPhone connect using Bluetooth, i.e. tethering the iPad, using a Personal Hotspot created on the iPhone so the iPad connects via BT and uses the (Data) from iPhone?

Do any of the systems dual boot Windows and macOS?

If yes, can you connect your iPad or iPhone to a Windows system using BT, i.e. so the iPhone acts as a modem, play music from a device to the PC speakers, or such like?

This assumes you have the Fenvi drivers or BootCamp Broadcom/Apple WiFi & BT drivers for the BMC94360... card installed in Windows10/11.

@Edhawk I am away from base for a few days and thus cannot test to provide detailed answers to your questions.
All systems are indeed capable of multi-booting into Windows 10 as well as Linux, the latter of which I actually boot into quite often, I can however not remember when I last booted any of my systems into Windows, I just don't have a need for that operating system anymore, which developed over the decades merely by patchwork, I even classify Windows 11 into that category. Linux serves me much better than Windows, in all respects that is, but particular networking. The Microsoft networking stack has always been and continues to be just one big resource hogging disaster, of cause I could substantiate this statement in detail, if I wanted to, because I studied computer science at a fairly well known and and reputable University. Nothing beats NFS, which is what I am using throughout all my systems. As far as efficiency is concerned NFS beats anything that Microsoft provides via CIFS, SAMBA or SMB as it is also sometimes called, each one of these chatty non-routable (Netbeui) protocols are just resource hoggers.

My 2 cents worth.

Greetings Henties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back