Contribute
Register

Bluetooth broken after wake from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think now, after three months I finally fixed it. I don't think this is hardware independent, but after experimenting with my DSDT code I got the fix. View attachment 326508. This is the original code I modified. This is a conditional code that restores the power to the BT (and I guess it also acts on WiFi). This code is on the _WAK method of the original DSDT. Notice it toggles wifi/bt state after each wake. I cannot explain how exactly this works, but replacing it with this View attachment 326509 solved the problem. I'm still testing the fix, but it seems to work just fine. I also need to add that my laptop has a airplane mode key (it isn't a hardware switch, but a ACPI EC call.). I guess the next step is to patch the _Qxx method to stop the key from working (or make it actually soft-disable wifi and/or bt)
Hello, I'm experiencing a similar problem and need your help since you're the first man I see who really figured it out!
Would you please temporarily disable this dsdt patch and test again to see if a SECOND BCM20702A0 device appears under System Information.app/USB section each time when BT becomes unavailable?
PS. I guess your laptop is also HP? haha

EDIT: I downloaded and reviewed your ioreg, and found that we are actually experiencing the same problem. I tried many different timing flags but none worked... Would you please explain your dsdt patch a little more? Guess that's the key problem.
There are a huge amount of people meeting with this "double device" problem, yet none of them figured it out. Your help would be a treasure for the whole community. Thx!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back