Contribute
Register

Bluetooth (BCM94352Z) not working on High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes I followed this guide and I deleted the USB ports that are not needed

If USR1/USR2 are unused, why do you still have them in your SSDT-UIAC?

Hi RehabMan
Do you have recommendations for a X299 designare board in terms of the ssdt

I ordered new antennas hopefully they fixed it. Ssdt is pretty complicated (can't wrap my dumb brain around it) to me.

Attached IOReg if anyone can help. It may be a power delivery issue to the USB (which BT module uses).

My BT works fine (as well ass 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi) (Using your kexts) but BT stutters sometimes especially when using aptX codec. And the range isn't great compared when using BT under Windows with the same system. It seems like a DSDT power delivery issue?

Attachments

• iMac Pro_x299_DesignareEX.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
If USR1/USR2 are unused, why do you still have them in your SSDT-UIAC?
I did not know what they were and I left them, I delete them from UIAC.aml, but the values of the current are right?

Hi RehabMan
Do you have recommendations for a X299 designare board in terms of the ssdt

Nothing special about X299. See guide for instructions on creating proper SSDT, and implementing USB power properties.

I did not know what they were and I left them, I delete them from UIAC.aml, but the values of the current are right?

USB power properties suggested in the guide are from iMac17,1. Applicability to other hardware unknown.

USB power properties suggested in the guide are from iMac17,1. Applicability to other hardware unknown.
ok, So my BT audio problem does not come from the power supply?

I'm not entirely sure how I did it, but I changed my SMBIOS from iMac 14,2 to 17,1 as well as reinstalling the latest versions of each of Rehabman's kexts (BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and FakePCIID.kext). I added this to KextstoPatch and it did the trick:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>BCM4352-fvco, (credit Sherlocks based on the-darkvoid original)</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
gf9SqgAAdMQ=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AirPort.BrcmNIC-MFG</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
gf9SqgAAZpA=
</data>
</dict>

Your mileage may vary, but I'd start with those as those were the steps I took to get mine working.

... added this to KextstoPatch....

How do you add the aboce script? my techy is on vacation and I stopped learning at 0101010111010101 please advise? attempting to get bluetooth and multiscreens back as I lost it on Mojave with asuz z97 pro 3.1 motherboard graphics (no card installed and three expanded seprate displays working) by encrypting my hard drive - rebooting and not being able to access it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back