i7-8700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I have a Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter that's detected as:Bus 020 Device 009: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd. CSR8510 A10 - this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VWEK4IG/?tag=tonymacx86-21

I have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and they work just fine 99% of the time. Sometimes the mouse does lag a little bit during heavy I/O load, but when that happens it generally recovers within a few seconds.

Now the issue is when I connect bluetooth headphones (I tried Sony 1000X and Bose QC35 II), they stutter terribly and are completely unusable: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vt6mib5xctwh9yy/Audio 3.mp4?dl=1

It's like the audio plays 2x too fast, then stops for half a second, then plays 2x too fast again in a loop.

Any ideas why this is happening and any possible solution?

I'm on High Sierra 10.13.1 and my motherboard is Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, some more specs are listed on my profile.

Last edited:
Argh, I tried connecting my old Belkin Bluetooth adapter, detected as: Bus 020 Device 022: ID 050d:016a Belkin Corporation BLUETOOTH USB +EDR ADAPTER v2.1 UHE Serial: 00190E0DB10A

Now audio is working, but the mouse is jerky and jittery. I think it is down to the bluetooth adapter :( -- I'm going to try to purchase an IOGEAR GBU521 bluetooth adapter, which isn't available in the UK, will have to wait for delivery from the US to come end of January.

What bluetooth adapter are you using to get smooth mouse and working audio?

In my hackintosh build(Asrock Deskmini110), I find USB3.0 port may cause the bluetooth audio stutter, unplug usb devices then everything is ok.

sir @hallowman, Does handoff, airdrop and continuity work with ungreen CSR8510 chip ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back