Motherboard
z77-ds3h
CPU
i5 - 3330
Graphics
intel hd2000
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello, i do understand about Atheros BT that comes with this laptop that doesn't work quite well or might be unstable but i used to be ok on Mavericks, just to connect with my speaker and use it as BT audio device some times for a movie.
Since some days that i am on High Sierra and everything looks sweet i have USB errors with the BT on boot and i believe because of this errors after wake (sometimes) i cannot connect with other devices, needs a restart.
Strange thing also is that after wake when i lose BT connectivity if i check on USB devices it will get different product_id (it boots with 0x3005 and after wake gets 0x311d and loses connection.)

I am using only IOath3kfrmwr.kext, voodoops2 for PS2 , some other non conflict kexts and ofcourse FakeSMC
I did also tried with GenericUSBXHCI.kext with no luck.
My DSDT i believe is ok , has all the patches for 4530s and compiles good, i am attaching it, used to work ok on Mavericks and the BT.
I am attaching also ioreg, looks lot of errors on BT usb.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    553.4 KB · Views: 156
Hello, i do understand about Atheros BT that comes with this laptop that doesn't work quite well or might be unstable but i used to be ok on Mavericks, just to connect with my speaker and use it as BT audio device some times for a movie.
Since some days that i am on High Sierra and everything looks sweet i have USB errors with the BT on boot and i believe because of this errors after wake (sometimes) i cannot connect with other devices, needs a restart.
Strange thing also is that after wake when i lose BT connectivity if i check on USB devices it will get different product_id (it boots with 0x3005 and after wake gets 0x311d and loses connection.)

I am using only IOath3kfrmwr.kext, voodoops2 for PS2 , some other non conflict kexts and ofcourse FakeSMC
I did also tried with GenericUSBXHCI.kext with no luck.
My DSDT i believe is ok , has all the patches for 4530s and compiles good, i am attaching it, used to work ok on Mavericks and the BT.
I am attaching also ioreg, looks lot of errors on BT usb.

Thank you!

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, be aware that your laptop has a guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/
(I don't know why you have patched DSDT.aml)

thank you Rehabman, i am attaching 3 zips (ioreg,clover folder and patchmatic)
didn't know that is possible with hotpatches, maybe i try after i fix this
can you please look at the files, i am not sure where might be the issue
i am on 4530S on the model with no USB3 and as i said all those USB errors on boot started only on High Sierra even on 1st boot.
Thank you

Attachments

• efi-CLOVER.zip
    17.5 MB · Views: 136
  • ioreg.zip
    534.1 KB · Views: 112
  • patchmatic.zip
    23.8 KB · Views: 112
thank you Rehabman, i am attaching 3 zips (ioreg,clover folder and patchmatic)
didn't know that is possible with hotpatches, maybe i try after i fix this
can you please look at the files, i am not sure where might be the issue
i am on 4530S on the model with no USB3 and as i said all those USB errors on boot started only on High Sierra even on 1st boot.
Thank you

Follow guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

See FAQ regarding Google Chrome:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

i will certainly try the hotpatch method but on this matter i would prefer to resolve:
BT will lose connectivity only after wake because the IOath3kfrmwr.kext will not load on wake so BT USB gets 0x311d product_id instead 0x3005 that gets on boot.
It is like booting without IOath3kfrmwr.kext
If i force IOath3kfrmwr.kext to load again on wake then bluetooth will be working again.
what do you think?

p.s. the GoogleChrome trick doesn't change anything, still this issue with BT

i will certainly try the hotpatch method but on this matter i would prefer to resolve:
BT will lose connectivity only after wake because the IOath3kfrmwr.kext will not load on wake so BT USB gets 0x311d product_id instead 0x3005 that gets on boot.
It is like booting without IOath3kfrmwr.kext
If i force IOath3kfrmwr.kext to load again on wake then bluetooth will be working again.
what do you think?

p.s. the GoogleChrome trick doesn't change anything, still this issue with BT

No plans to support anyone not following the guide.
It takes enough time to create the correct patches/github project/guide/etc without trying to solve mistakes made by those not following the guide.

You didn't even provide complete "problem reporting" files as requested in the guide (kextcache and other Terminal output is missing), so not possible to identify your mistake anyway.

My guess is that you failed to install IOath3kfrmwr.kext properly... something that download.sh and install_downloads.sh does for you.

You are right, not much time and maybe because i installed OSXs so many times i'm a little bit lazy to follow new guides :)
For now i have used a dirty workaround until i have more time to look on it further,
I am loading again the IOath3kfrmwr.kext upon wake and looks ok for the moment, after 4 times wake still working.
I think issue was also if machine sleep for long time then BT on wake would not work.
So i will leave it sleep all the night and next morning i will check if the dirty workaround works , at least for now.

Thank you.

btw. the 1080p on 4540s that you have in your signature is the default screen with this model or is the addon that ppl were also using for 4530S?

Nice laptop the 4530S for hackintosh but last week i saw again a friend's MBP 15'' with Retina display and i was like wow.

You are right, not much time and maybe because i installed OSXs so many times i'm a little bit lazy to follow new guides :)
For now i have used a dirty workaround until i have more time to look on it further,
I am loading again the IOath3kfrmwr.kext upon wake and looks ok for the moment, after 4 times wake still working.
I think issue was also if machine sleep for long time then BT on wake would not work.
So i will leave it sleep all the night and next morning i will check if the dirty workaround works , at least for now.

No need to load IOath3kfrmwr.kext if it is properly installed.
I think you forgot to install it to the system volume.

btw. the 1080p on 4540s that you have in your signature is the default screen with this model or is the addon that ppl were also using for 4530S?

I moved the 1080p screen that was at one time in my 4530s to my 4540s (different dual-link cable required, compatible with same screen though).

Nice laptop the 4530S for hackintosh but last week i saw again a friend's MBP 15'' with Retina display and i was like wow.

Yes, Apple laptops are very nice.

hhmmm very strange although i moved now the kext to s/l/e , on boot will work ok though i see that is not loaded on the system (so how is it possible fot the BT to work?)

Version: 1.2.1
Last Modified: 11/29/17, 1:39 PM
Bundle ID: org.rehabman.driver.IOath3kfrmwr
Loaded: No
Get Info String: 1.2.1, Open Source 2012-2013 mac4mat, RehabMan
Obtained from: Not Signed
Kind: Intel
Architectures: x86_64
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Kext Version: 1.2.1
Loadable: No
Signature Validation Errors: Not Signed
Dependencies: Satisfied
Signed by: Not Signed

I installed with kextcache app and rebuild even manually cache by terminal
Do i miss something here? (anything changed in high sierra for loading kexts?)
i will try to boot with -f in clover this time and see if it is loaded correctly.

i have moved it to /library/extensions instead of S/L/E and it seems to load ok now, i will test more.
I believe i do also have to change the EHC>EH0 in my old DSDT , sorry i was long time to 10.9 cause i liked better and didn't realise that some things have changed after El Capitan.
after change should i also use a usbinjector?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back