Contribute
Register

Bluetooth and USB header 2.0 on Gigabyte GAZ170X-Gaming 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I bought one of those Broadcom wifi and Bluetooth adapters where WIFI and Bluetooth should be plug and play.

ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS Combo Card
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86-21

However, the Bluetooth doesn't work off the 9 pin USB 2.0 header on the motherboard, I have to plug in a standard usb cable and plug it into a 3.0 USB port on the back of the case? Anyone familiar with this problem?

I setup the machine using MultiBeast. Running Sierra.

Many thanks in advance!

Chris

same issue here, just the motherboard is a gigabyte z170x gaming 3, still, almost the same, if anyone have any answer ill appreciate, thx in advance

Hey all, simply install the USB options in multi beast. The problem is that the Hack doesn't currently recognise the extra USB ports on the motherboard and externally so it can not power the bluetooth. Installing Multibeast USB options fixes it instantly

Same problem here. I think either the usb2 header doesn't have enough power (e.g. Can't power the portable hd I tested) or the cable that comes with the card is dodgy. It works for a few min then usb BT host disappears from ioreg browser. Using cable into back ports appears to work ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back