Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I bought myself a USB Bluetooth adaptor for my Hackintosh, running Lion, and it installed without any problems. Lion picked it up and installed drivers immediately. I then bought a Magic Trackpad and it also paired and installed immediately. However, cursor movement and clicking works, very intermittently. No gestures work whatsoever. Anyone have any ideas?

vinodh said:
I bought myself a USB Bluetooth adaptor for my Hackintosh, running Lion, and it installed without any problems. Lion picked it up and installed drivers immediately. I then bought a Magic Trackpad and it also paired and installed immediately. However, cursor movement and clicking works, very intermittently. No gestures work whatsoever. Anyone have any ideas?

I've found that the BT radio in the Magic trackpad and mouse are very sensitive to signal strength. I had a similar problem to yours and solved it by moving the BT dongle from the back of the computer, which was on the floor, to a USB hub sitting on the desktop a few feet from the trackpad. It's been solid ever since.

Perry

tomlch-hong said:
vinodh said:

I encountered the same problem before, and after I picked-up an E-Blue BT dongle from http://www.e-blue.jp, it is a right one. All Trackpad motions works, so to solve your problem, the most important thing is select a right BT.

Can you give me the link to that exact BT dongle? I just want to make sure I get the correct one. Also, thanks for your help. Really appreciate it. BTW: I placed the track pad right next to the dongle and it made no difference.

I am using a rocketfish RF-MRBTAD. It works well with a Macally bluetooth keyboard and a magic mouse. It automatically connects in 10.6.8, 10.7.0 and 10.7.2 after the first pairing. Previously used zoom bluetooth and it had issues in Lion. About $10 plus shipping from Amazon. Works OOB. Sleep wake up works fine with no tweeks. :thumbup:
Also posted in this thread viewtopic.php?f=22&t=34576 :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back