Contribute
Register

Bluetooth and IR inside a DVD-Burner? Works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H61N-USB3
CPU
i3-2105
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
6m305g2tn.jpeg

Hey there :)

This is my first post in this forum and English isn't my native language - so please be kind :thumbup:

Just finished a small mod to make my Hackintosh more Mac mini-like. My Hackintosh is in a Lian Li PC-Q07 in black and has a fitting LiteOn-DVD-Burner.
I wanted Bluetooth and IR integrated but I didn't want to drill holes in the front. So I fitted both in my DVD-Burner.

So I got an IR-board from a MacBook Pro (http://photos.pottebaum.com/gallery/7075206_LwKc4) and a Belkin Bluetooth USB dongle. Next I took a USB-header cable from another Case and soldered the IR-board and the bluetooth dongle to it. I took the DVD-burner LED out of it and cut the plastic inside the DVD-burner to make both fit inside. Then I got the USB-header-cable out of the burner-case and attached it to my MoBo.

Here my pictures:

Belkin USB-bluetooth-dongle stripped down

Original Apple IR-USB-Receiver from a MacBook Pro

The LiteOn-DVD-Burner without the green LED and already some plastic cut away

Apple-IR and Belkin-Bluetooth soldered to the USB-Header cable

Another view

The IR-diode watching out for some IR signals ;)

A screenshot from my Hackintosh: Everything works just fine!

I think the pictures are a better description of what I've done than the written description. My English isn't that good because I'm German. All in all it took me about 4 hours.
I'm showing this to you so that you get motivated to do similar things and to help you with a little inspiration ;)

If you have any questions - just ask!

can your bluetooth be used to wake your hack ?

hi,

where can I get the Apple "IR-USB-Receiver" without buying a macbook pro? :D
I'm from germany, ty!

Check out ebay.com. There are sold some IR-Receiver from old Macs. They will cost about 12$. Shipping lasts about one week. I ordered one last year and I'm from Germany too.

Your English? Awesome!!! I know speaking and listening is another story but I would've been hard pressed to guess that you weren't a native typer.

this is a really nice idea thanks 4 share....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back