Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz
Graphics
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 DirectX 12 GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi,

I'm looking for a blu-ray drive for my Hackintosh. I don't need a burner as I only want to rip the disks and encode for my AppleTV or computer.

Any suggestions for Lion?

(One known to not cause problems with sleep is preferred but as I can't wake up from sleep now it's a nice to have rather then a must have.)

Thanks for the help!

Hey there, I use the LG WH10LS30, i got it about 4-5 months ago for $80, now the wh12ls30 replaced it. I dont have a hackintosh, yet, BUT WILL be using it in there. I have it hooked up to my mac mini 2009, via sata, its outside next to it obviously.

It works BEAUTIFULLY!

It rip my blurays with MakeMKV, and its FAST!!! keep in mind that im a quality freak and want lossless audio and video, so each movie is around 30-40 Gigs! OUCH! i know but i got 8TB in space 4TB are full and growing.

Its a really great drive, oh and btw with the new Mac Blu Ray Player software, I can even watch the blurays IN OS X! no menus thou...

P0w

pahoran said:
oh and btw with the new Mac Blu Ray Player software, I can even watch the blurays IN OS X! no menus thou...

P0w

Which software is this?

Lol thats wat its called, just google " Mac Blu Ray Player" its free for like 3 months, iys based on VLC, i use VLC for my lossless MKVs but when i play it from the disc u se that software. Works very well with my drive and mac, u can change audios, subtitles too.

P0w

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back