CPU
I7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have this blu-ray r/w from my old MacPro 2.1

Model WH12LS39

Is it possible to mount it in my Hackintosh with a z390 Designare MoBo? (I have a this case with 5,25 bay)

What type of connecting cable do I need?

Do I have to use that intermediate controller card or connect a cable directly to the motherboard?

Thanks!

IMG_20200627_171458.jpg

IMG_20200627_173433.jpg

IMG_20200627_173504.jpg

IMG_20200627_171516.jpg

Last edited:
I have this blu-ray r/w from my old MacPro 2.1

Model WH12LS39

Is it possible to mount it in my Hackintosh with a z390 Designare MoBo? (I have this case with 5,25 bay)

What type of connecting cable do I need?

Do I have to use that intermediate controller card or connect a cable directly to the motherboard?

Thanks!

Your drive seems to be SATA and you should be able to connect it directly to one of the motherboard's SATA ports using a standard SATA cable and a power connector from the power supply. The controller card is no longer needed.

Your drive seems to be SATA and you should be able to connect it directly to one of the motherboard's SATA ports using a standard SATA cable and a power connector from the power supply. The controller card is no longer needed.

Thank you for the help. Very useful for me. I need one more indication. the sata cable supplied with motherboard seems to have more small connector. I'm trying to find a cable with big to small connector in internet with no success. What is the name of this big SATA connector? Or something other indication for find the right cable.

I tried to connect with the small cable but the blu-ray has no power.

UPDATE: I found this cable. Seems to have the right format. Is it right?

sata.jpg

Last edited:
Those 2 cables are the same connector of course, except one is 'right angled'. They are for data, not power.

If you google 'right angled sata connector' you will see lots of options to choose from.

Power is supplied through a sata power connector which is one of the wires from your PSU, assuming it is a modern unit.

Those 2 cables are the same connector of course, except one is 'right angled'. They are for data, not power.

If you google 'right angled sata connector' you will see lots of options to choose from.

Power is supplied through a sata power connector which is one of the wires from your PSU, assuming it is a modern unit.

Ok, so, if I already have the data part, I need just this another for power supply. right?

sata.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back