Contribute
Register

Blinking underscore all of a sudden, need some help to get my workstation back up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H MATX board
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz LGA 1150 CPU
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX750TI SC
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hey guys,
I built my machine about 5 or so years ago now and it has been working perfectly as my main work machine all that time. Late last year I updated to High Sierra, I couldn't go any higher as my graphics card wasn't supported. That didn't bother me. Still working fine for the past year. Then earlier this week I got up to start work and turned on my machine and was greeted with a flashing underscore.

I updated my bios (already had the latest version but updated anyway to give it a fresh install) loaded optimised defaults then made the other required bios setting changes.

I created a bootable USB with high sierra with unibeast and was able to get to the clover options. I tried booting with safe mode and verbose mode. Safe mode did work once, but then the following 10 attempts to boot into safe mode using the -x flag didn't work, also nv_disabled=1 . I internally disconnected my extra drives and also tried booting with my graphics card removed. Same deal.

As a last resort I decided to try re install high sierra from the USB. I selected to install from the boot options menu and it greeted me with the apple logo and a progress bar, after 12h it didn't move past a white line.

I am running:
i7 4790
GA-Z97-D3H
GTX 750ti

I'm not really very knowledgable about this stuff and I'm not sure what to do here or where to go next.

Any help would be much appreciated.

also nv_disabled=1
nv_disabled=1 is meaningless, it should be nv_disable=1.

it greeted me with the apple logo and a progress bar, after 12h it didn't move past a white line.
Boot in verbose mode to show more information that may be useful for problem diagnosis.
Post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back