Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Blew up Clover. Need advice on paths forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this time it worked. I mounted the EFI partition from my Mojave disk and replaced the EFI folder with what was on the USB.

So for all intents and purposes, my problem is fixed. Thank you!!

Question I have though, by using the EFI folder off the USB I completely blew away my old set of kexts etc. So should I run Multibeast again? Or how do I know that this EFI is optimized for my setup?

Thanks again anyway!!

Yes this time it worked. I mounted the EFI partition from my Mojave disk and replaced the EFI folder with what was on the USB.

So for all intents and purposes, my problem is fixed. Thank you!!

Question I have though, by using the EFI folder off the USB I completely blew away my old set of kexts etc. So should I run Multibeast again? Or how do I know that this EFI is optimized for my setup?

Thanks again anyway!!
Because you have backups in the EFI-Backups folder on your Mojave disk, try this:

1. Mount EFI partition on Mojave disk again if not already mounted (use Clover Configurator to mount partition).
2. Fully replace the current EFI folder on the EFI partition with just the EFI folder from the latest backup in EFI-Backups.
3. Reboot.

If this fails or something looks seriously wrong, just repeat the steps from my last message.

A better, but harder option is to compare the EFI contents between your latest backup and the EFI folder that is now on the EFI partition, and to "smartly" update the one on the EFI partition. If you like, I can do this if you compress and upload:

1. Latest EFI folder from EFI-Backups
2. EFI folder from EFI partition

Attached is the EFI, from the mounted partition. Also attached is what I *believe* is the last known good EFI from backups which is from Clover r4411.

My r4411 backup is larger than the EFI one on the current Mojave, so there may be good stuff there, or more crap. Could be either. Appreciate the help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.2 MB · Views: 35
  • 2018-07-10-19h17 copy.zip
    34.5 MB · Views: 28
Attached is the EFI, from the mounted partition. Also attached is what I *believe* is the last known good EFI from backups which is from Clover r4411.

My r4411 backup is larger than the EFI one on the current Mojave, so there may be good stuff there, or more crap. Could be either. Appreciate the help.
I've tried to combine the two EFI folders as follows:
  • Imported your SMBIOS settings (iMac18,3 + Serial Numbers) into the new EFI folder.
  • Installed new versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen. In "About this Mac" check whether your Graphics card has the correct VRAM listed.
  • Installed new AppleALC for audio. You should test whether Audio works.
  • Enabled various settings for better power management and sleep/wake.
  • Disabled references to Nvidia graphics because Pascal cards are not supported in Mojave.
  • Imported your Broadcom kexts (BrcmFirmwareData, BrcmPatchRAM2, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi, FakePCIID). You should definitely test whether WiFi still works.
  • You might want to install latest version of EmuVariable64 from Clover Configurator --> Drivers --> DriversUEFI.
Please try this version by fully replacing the EFI folder currently in the EFI partition of your Mojave disk.

If certain features don't work (e.g. shutdown, reboot, sleep, WiFi, Ethernet, audio, etc.) you may have to search for the right kexts or drivers. But hopefully most of the system will be restored...

Attachments

• EFI-Josh1980-Update-1.zip
    24.5 MB · Views: 35
Worked great. Thanks a bunch for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back