Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Blew up Clover. Need advice on paths forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I did not create the EFI-Backups folder. It sites on the root of my Mac HD next to the EFI folder.

So are you suggesting what I mentioned above? Just delete the EFI folder and use the last known good from that EFI Backups folder... or something else. Thanks again

No I did not create the EFI-Backups folder. It sites on the root of my Mac HD next to the EFI folder.

So are you suggesting what I mentioned above? Just delete the EFI folder and use the last known good from that EFI Backups folder... or something else. Thanks again
  1. Backup the current EFI folder on your Mojave EFI partition.
  2. Then completely replace that folder with the latest one from EFI-Backups.
  3. Remove USB flash disk and see if system boots.
If the system does not boot, you can always boot from the USB flash disk.

It did not work. See the attached shot of my clover screen. There are no boot options to choose. His was exactly where it stopped when I wrote the OP.

Attachments

• 0169D84A-E9D8-43D0-97AD-5F31FAEB124F.jpeg
    0169D84A-E9D8-43D0-97AD-5F31FAEB124F.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 35
It did not work. See the attached shot of my clover screen. There are no boot options to choose. His was exactly where it stopped when I wrote the OP.
No problem. Try this option instead:
  • Boot from USB flash disk again.
  • When Clover appears, do you see all the disk icons?
  • If so, boot the Mojave disk and this time copy the EFI folder from USB flash disk to EFI partition on Mojave internal disk.
  • Then remove USB flash disk and reboot.
  • Does it make a difference?

I did exactly as above. Same clover boot screen as last attachment. Replaced macHD/Efi with /Efi from the root of the USB

I did exactly as above. Same clover boot screen as last attachment. Replaced macHD/Efi with /Efi from the root of the USB

Perhaps do I have to use EFimountainshow to mount Efi partition off the USB and copy that one instead?

What does the Clover screen look like when you boot from USB flash disk? Can you post a photo?

Perhaps do I have to use EFimountainshow to mount Efi partition off the USB and copy that one instead?
If you're using a USB flash disk created by UniBeast then it has two partitions: (a) MacOS (HFS format) and (b) EFI (FAT32 format). But if you're using just a normal USB disk with a single standard FAT32 partition, then there is no "EFI" partition because the entire flash disk is FAT32 format.

Photo attached of clover screen after booting from USB

Attachments

• 931FFF31-7F35-4B79-86A7-02A6020EB1EB.jpeg
    931FFF31-7F35-4B79-86A7-02A6020EB1EB.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
Photo attached of clover screen after booting from USB
Good, that's what I expected. Booting from USB shows all available disk volumes.

Let's repeat Post #14:
  1. Boot from USB flash disk again.
  2. When Clover appears, do you see all the disk icons?
  3. If so, boot the Mojave disk and this time copy the EFI folder from USB flash disk to EFI partition on Mojave internal disk.
  4. Then remove USB flash disk and reboot.
  5. Does it make a difference?
I think Step 3 was not done properly the last time so try it again like this:
  1. From the Clover boot screen in your screenshot, choose the option "Boot macOS from Mojave".
  2. Login.
  3. Run Clover Configurator and select "Mount EFI" from the left side panel, just under "Tools".
  4. You will see the option to mount EFI partition on your Mojave SSD. Click that button and enter your password.
  5. An EFI disk icon will appear on your desktop (or in the sidebar of any Finder window).
  6. Open that in Finder and you will see an EFI folder.
  7. Move that somewhere else such as Documents or Desktop
  8. Then delete the EFI folder from the EFI partition of the Mojave disk.
  9. Now copy the EFI folder from USB flash disk to the EFI partition of the Mojave disk, effectively replacing the folder that was there.
  10. Safely eject the USB disk.
  11. Reboot.
  12. What does the Clover boot screen look like now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back