Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z390 Prime A
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
MSI Armor RX580
i just Updated to the latest Mojave. Upgraded fine no issues. Stupidly, I decided to update my Clover to the latest version. Then it would not boot. I went into the UEFI shell, deleted my EFI folder, then proceeded to copy the EFI backup folder to replace the active one. Copying was slow and when it got to clover/boot/misc it seemed to hang. I power cycled now the Clover screen can see no active boot options, and doesn’t even have a UEFI shell to work with. I have

Seems to have missed the end of my OP.

I Don’t have a bootable Mac installer, but I do have a copy of Mojave beta installer app on a windows machine.

Any thoughts please help.

It is very easy to update clover and, while it keeps your config.plist, you end up losing the drivers you had.

If you have access to a clover folder you can make a quick bootable USB in windows.

Can you mount your EFI in windows? I think the likely culprit is missing drivers.

How do I create a bootable USB in windows?

To create a bootable USB in Windows, I believe you need to do this:
  • Most USB flash disks are formatted as FAT32. Use a USB flash disk that is no larger than 32GB.
  • Unzip the attached file at the root folder level of the USB flash disk. It will create a folder called EFI containing a vanilla installation of Clover.
  • Safely eject the USB and see if you can boot the Mac from it -- be sure to press F12 on your Gigabyte motherboard to select USB as the boot disk.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.3 MB · Views: 107
To create a bootable USB in Windows, I believe you need to do this:
  • Most USB flash disks are formatted as FAT32. Use a USB flash disk that is no larger than 32GB.
  • Unzip the attached file at the root folder level of the USB flash disk. It will create a folder called EFI containing a vanilla installation of Clover.
  • Safely eject the USB and see if you can boot the Mac from it -- be sure to press F12 on your Gigabyte motherboard to select USB as the boot disk.

I followed those instructions when clover boots up it says “run Windows from Efi” which is the name of USB drive. When I got enter nothing happens. Ideas?

I followed those instructions when clover boots up it says “run Windows from Efi” which is the name of USB drive. When I got enter nothing happens. Ideas?
  • Okay, so the USB flash disk boots and Clover menu appears?
  • But there is only 1 disk volume to choose?
  • Please post a photo of the Clover boot screen.

Ok I managed to get into my Mojave install using the boot USB

I want to very careful what I do next. On the root of my (previous) boot hard drive I have an EFI folder and one called EFI-backups. What do I do? Delete the newest entry out of backups then replace the e

EFI folder with the last previously known good one from Backups?

EFI folder with the last previously known good one from Backups?
Some questions:
  1. Did you manually make backup copies of EFI folder in EFI-Backups? If so, that was a good thing to do!
  2. Your current EFI folder should be compressed and moved somewhere else just in case you need to borrow some files from it.
  3. If you know (a) who created the backups, (b) what is contained in the backups, (c) date of the backups, then it would be safe to copy everything from the latest good backup to "EFI".
  4. After restoring from the latest backup, make sure that the new EFI folder contains a CLOVER folder and a BOOT folder. The BOOT folder must contain "BOOTX64.efi".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back