Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP EliteBook 850 G1 (Clover UEFI)
CPU
Intel Core i5 4200U/QM87 (?)
Graphics
HD4400, 1920x1080
I installed macOS 10.14.6 on an HP EliteBook 850 G1 yesterday (see profile) and was able to get everything to work with two problems that I feel might be related...

When the computer goes to sleep, it cannot wake back up. The backlight turns on, but the display remains blank. I used the RehabMan Mojave guide, but still I cannot get this machine to sleep properly. I have all dumps from the black.dragon install_tools.sh attached.

The second, potentially related issue is that maybe 1 of 5 boots results in the display going unresponsive at the point where the loading screen switches to my laptop's native resolution. I have not caught this in verbose mode, so I don't have any more to add to this issue, but I feel both issues are related to the GPU failing to initialize.

Attachments

• debug_4063.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 92
post complete specs

so we can help you

acpi is not correctly patched
power management is not implemented
SMBIOS is wrong

So my complete specs, other than what was already posted, is that I have an i5 4200U with HD4400 graphics. This was posted in my profile, though I have no idea if my chipset is accurate.

The only non-stock part of my laptop is the WiFi card which works as expected.

Now, to your reply, other than SMBIOS, all those things are supposed to be applied by RehabMan's scripts, are they not? After changing SMBIOS using Clover Configurator then copying the lines to my config, sleep still results in a blank screen.

Attachments

• config.plist
    14.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
This is what I did during the install to implement PWM and patch ACPI using RehabMan's directions with irrelevant bits excluded (e.g. mounting efi/listing directory contents/etc):
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

./install_acpi.sh install_8x0g1_haswell

cp ./config/config_8x0_G1_Haswell.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist

I then modified the SMBIOS by adding a UUID and other generated items from a stub config.plist made in Clover Configurator.

I don't think I missed anything, but my laptop cannot wake from sleep no matter how it is initiated.

I found a thread on this website where a guy with an 840 G1 was able to get his machine working 100%. He posted his CLOVER, and when I use this to boot, sleep works, but audio is broken. I have attached two sets of ACPI/Config with names indicating what they do and what they can't do. I have been attempting to figure out how to have an ACPI/Config combo that results in sleep and audio, but I'm taking shots in the dark...

Attachments

• AudioNoSleep.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 58
  • SleepNoAudio.zip
    263.5 KB · Views: 57
For anyone who has this same issue, I finally tracked down the problem. RehabMan's scripts fail to inject the correct ID for Intel HD 4400 iGPUs on this particular machine. Because of this, WhateverGreen is unable to patch APPL,ig-platform-id and device-id. Am I using the correct terms here? Probably not, but I don't have RehabMan to be irritated and correct me, so who cares?

In order to fix this, you must first delete SSDT-IGPU.aml from /Clover/ACPI/Patched as there appears to be something wrong with this SSDT. Next, in your config.plist, add the following to Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0):
Code:
<key>Devices</key>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>BgAmCg==</data>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>EgQAAA==</data>

Or, if using a plist editor:
Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 3.56.02 PM.png

After this, reboot and your device should now wake from sleep properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back