Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[Solved] Blank Screen After Apple Loading Screen

Specs:
Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
Intel I7 2600k
Evga Geforce 570
8gb (4gb x 2) DDR3 RAM

Alright, so I have a legit copy of Mountain Lion loaded on to a USB stick via Unibeast and am attempting to install it on my secondary HD.

Everything goes swimmingly until it hits the Apple logo screen with the loading wheel. Not long after that my monitor loses it's feed, the computer keeps running (unlike before, which i fixed).

Running in Verbose mode it gave me something about "BootCache Control unable to open /var/something/playlist 2 or something like that. I didn't write down the exacts.

Flags tried (+various combinations of each):

"-x"
"GraphicsEnabler=No"
"PCIRootUID=1"
"cpus=1"

I have no reason to believe my usb is at fault.

We are on the same boat man.. no one want to answer! :(

I solved this issue with

"PCIRootUID=0"

Try that out.

I've still got minor problems to duck around but so far it isn't too bad

edit: ok it's a huge pain. :banghead:. still have 1 more attempt before I give up for the night

Running in Verbose mode it gave me something about "BootCache Control unable to open /var/something/playlist 2 or something like that. I didn't write down the exacts

is issue with kernelcache boot with -x -f when in system open disk utility repair permissions reboot gl

yeah, somehow most of my issues were solved with PCIRootUID=0

now I just gotta figure out how to make that a permanent flag.

where did you insert the PCIRootUID=0 string? how can i boot with that option?

when you boot (either to the USB or to your Hard Drive) the Unibeast bootloader pops up and asks you to make a selection to boot from. It also asks you to press any key to enter boot options.

Simply press any key to stop the auto countdown timer and type in the flags you need.

I believe your issues are due to the Evga Geforce 570 GPU. Do not know if your setup is HD4000 or HD3000 capable. If it is try installing without that Evga Geforce 570 and plug back again when done with the install. Also, I do not know if you need to download the nvidia's drivers for it.

Well, I don't have any video ports on my motherboard itself. So dropping the card is kind of a no-go

My only remaining issue is to perma-set "PCIRootUID=0" and to get HDMI audio working, which I've read is entirely plausible.

Edit your org.chameleon.Boot.plist and put these lines iit

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>PCIRootUID=0</string>

for hdmi look at Toleda's guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back