Contribute
Register

Blank/Invisible Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally figured it out. Instead of using Unibeast use the Xmove Mountain Lion Method and install over your current. I had to unplug my video card when I did it, and plugged back in after the install and now everything works perfectly. I got sound, internet, video, and iCloud, facetime , app store working. Hope this method works for you guys too. Good luck

I used xmove also and I have the icon problem too. I will try again with graphics off.

Ok, question from a total amateur here... I've got the same blank / invisible icon problem and I'm interested in trying this Xmove method (though I don't know what it is yet). But how does one remove their graphics card and complete the install? What's feeding your monitor? Forgive me if this is obvious.
Thanks.

Ok, question from a total amateur here... I've got the same blank / invisible icon problem and I'm interested in trying this Xmove method (though I don't know what it is yet). But how does one remove their graphics card and complete the install? What's feeding your monitor? Forgive me if this is obvious.
Thanks.

I think the poster of that meant an older graphics card such as Geforce 2xx series or something

My fresh install does not have this issue. GTX 560Ti

I'm now working perfectly OK again :)

I did two things at the same time so not sure which one (if not both) fixed my problem:

1/ Re-created my USB stick with Unibeast
2/ Re-partitioned my HDD and reinstalled a fresh copy of ML

Instantly worked without a problem and I can now see all my icons!

[Success]

I'm now working perfectly OK again :)

I did two things at the same time so not sure which one (if not both) fixed my problem:

1/ Re-created my USB stick with Unibeast
2/ Re-partitioned my HDD and reinstalled a fresh copy of ML

Instantly worked without a problem and I can now see all my icons!

I did too, fresh for Partition and USB and now everything works even better than before. But I had to use the "Mountain Lion 6XXX GPU Issues - FIX INSIDE!" method to begin the installation while coming from Lion before I didn't.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...mountain-lion-6xxx-gpu-issues-fix-inside.html

I'm also having this problem. Hardware:

- Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L F10 Rev1.1 (Realtek ALC883 codec) (RTL 8111C)
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50 GHz
- 4096 MB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
- Atheros AR5BDT92 (AR9280) WiFi
- GeForce 210 (Asus PCI-E N EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2(LP))

Things I've tried:

- Re-downloaded ML
- Re-partitioned
- Fresh Install with UniBeast x 2 (with and without the legacy USB option)

I've also noticed that the installer process is very buggy compared to Lion; I've had tons of crashes. I think I'll stick with Lion for now!

I have a GT 240 DDR5 1GB.. and I have the same problem... the Video Card might be a problem... the 2xx series seem to be failing to work as it should...

Back to Lion.. darn..

I had this issue as well.
Don't know were to point the finger but I did fix it.

I did a Unibeast install of ML over my Lion drive, after I had the missing Icons as well. Even in folders unless I switched to file view and then everything in the folders were there.

I thought maybe I got a crappy install so I reinstalled, still the same. Then I deleted my Lion drive and started from scratch and I still had these issues. Now this was all done with 2 nVidia cards. A 610 and a 210. I found the 610 was unsupported in ML and loading would stall at "macx_swapon success" but would boot in with -x, thats how I saw the apps the first time so I figured Safe Mode was the problem but it wasnt. I swapped the card with a 210 and it booted fine but missing apps still.

So what I did was create a ML Xmove installer and ran that right over my fresh ML install and after I booted in everything was there, all apps and what not.

Now I don't know if I got a bad download of any one thing or not but I did fix it and I used the same ML app in my application folder for both Unibeast and Xmove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back